Help with exercise ideas

Options
hi I'm new to this and I'm having trouble coming up with new ideas to keep this fun so I stay motivated so any ideas anyone has would be great thanks

Replies

• mdashburn
    mdashburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're in reasonable shape and have no significant injuries to overcome, joining a co-ed recreational sports league can be a "different" way to get some good cardio and have fun in the process. Not everyone can do it, but if you can, I highly recommend it -- lots of people play in my hockey league, for instance, who are overweight and looking to lose weight. Depending on where you live, there are sports like rec basketball, baseball/softball, hockey, volleyball, etc. that give you an opportunity to interact with other people and get a great workout in the meantime. That'll make your "gym time" feel a little less onerous because you're not getting all of your calorie burn from there.

If that's not an option, try a physical hobby like hiking/biking/etc.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    mdashburn wrote: »
    If you're in reasonable shape and have no significant injuries to overcome, joining a co-ed recreational sports league can be a "different" way to get some good cardio and have fun in the process. Not everyone can do it, but if you can, I highly recommend it -- lots of people play in my hockey league, for instance, who are overweight and looking to lose weight. Depending on where you live, there are sports like rec basketball, baseball/softball, hockey, volleyball, etc. that give you an opportunity to interact with other people and get a great workout in the meantime. That'll make your "gym time" feel a little less onerous because you're not getting all of your calorie burn from there.

If that's not an option, try a physical hobby like hiking/biking/etc.

I like this idea a lot. I'm going to look into sports leagues near me. Trying to do a lot of hiking and biking this spring/summer as well.
  • johnvicki20
    johnvicki20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll look into that