Workout Schedule

Options
pico109
pico109 Posts: 40 Member
I was just wondering if my workout schedule is I want to say the right way of working out/ getting excersise. I just basically want to know if my muscles are getting enough rest. My workout schedule is as followed:
Monday legs, abs, forearms, biceps, shoulders, Triceps
Tuesday: Cardio (HIIT), Chest, Back,
Wednesday: Legs, abs, forearms, biceps, shoulders, triceps
Thursday: Cardio (HIIT), Chest, Back
Friday: Legs, Abs, Forearms, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps on Fridays I play soccer as well.
Saturday Cardio (HIIT), Chest, Back
Sunday: Play soccer then rest.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    If you're doing the same workout each time, then I'd say maybe not. Try mixing up your workouts, doing heavy one day for low reps, lighter a different day for higher reps, and if you want to work the same body parts a third time in a week then hit the same part in a different way, whether different angles, isolation work vs compound, etc.

Were I able to hit the gym 6 times per week, I would love to do a push-pull-legs combo, but that's certainly not the only way it can be done.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You will most likely be indirectly training shoulders and triceps while training chest and your biceps and forearms while training back. Your indirectly trained muscles will be getting very little rest with this schedule and will most likely not grow efficiently.

You will find your CNS will most likely crash quickly with this routine. I'd stick a rest day or two in there (or at least avoid weight training for a day or two)

More isn't always better.

As above said, a push pull legs combo or strength training program is probably best. I'm a personal fan of the push pull legs combo although I'm only training legs once a week while in a deficit (moving it to two a week while bulking)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    pico109 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if my workout schedule is I want to say the right way of working out/ getting excersise. I just basically want to know if my muscles are getting enough rest. My workout schedule is as followed:
    Friday: Legs, Abs, Forearms, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps on Fridays I play soccer as well.

So one issue with this is that we have no idea what intensity and volume you're training at. What we have is simply a list of body parts. We also don't know what your goals are.

Could you recover from that? Sure you could.
    Could you get totally fried from that and possibly injured? Sure you could.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

So one issue with this is that we have no idea what intensity and volume you're training at. What we have is simply a list of body parts. We also don't know what your goals are.

Could you recover from that? Sure you could.
    Could you get totally fried from that and possibly injured? Sure you could.

belaboring this point....

my initial reaction though is burn out city and future recovery issues. there's pretty much zero rest built into your programming.
  • pico109
    pico109 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ah alright so I'll include a day or two of rest so my muscles can recover thanks a lot everyone ☺
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ah alright so I'll include a day or two of rest so my muscles can recover thanks a lot everyone ☺

I would just pick up a proven program and not try to make your own. Have you looked into any?