My Weight Loss Journey (size 18-20 to size 12-14) still going........(pics)

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm Joanne, 35, mum of four fantastic kids. I've never had a problem with my weight until after my little girl, my fourth child was born. I started adding weight when I started not to care what I ate and boy did I eat. I'm living in Lagos, Nigeria and the food here is really tempting and it did just that. I didn't watch my portion sizes and eat lots of chin chin, groundnut, biscuits and some of my daughters Pringles.
I was very sick over Christmas and as a result had to go to the doctors. I weighed in at 95kg/209lbs. The doctor said I needed to lose weight fast but didn't give advise on how to do it. My husband went to the clinic in his workplace and was told about CWP, which worked perfect for me as only liquids did not hurt my stomach. I started 25 March weighing in at 91kg/200lb.

t8dp13vbvxl2.jpg
02mfdg655lqz.jpg

My measurements as of that day were: (inches)
Waist: 43, Hips: 50, Chest/Bust: 39, Arms: 13 1/2, Top belly: 40, Bottom belly: 46.

Two weeks later I was 86kg/189lb. Stood on the scales in you consultants office and........ wait for it.......86kg. What!!!! Oh my God!! I have lost weight. I hugged her and she laughed, telling me that I'm the one that did it and not her. 5kg (11lb) gone. It was working. I was loosing weight.

x8se8k9m2zij.jpgmh573c6959mh.jpg

Week three/four:
Back in to consultant, stepped on the scales and...... 83kg (182lb). 3kg (6lb) gone again. Ok time to start working out, get stronger and increase calorie intake a little bit. See what happens!! My strength came back. I had suffered an attack f typhoid last year and was very ill. Around week 2 into my journey I had noticed I was still feeling sick after been I'll over the Christmas and recovered but I didn't get treatment. My brother-in-law came to the house with herbal medicine for me to take but damage was done that's why I had to choose CWP, under doctors supervision. So back to week 3/4:
c0f2cgdidumw.jpg3z90bsjcr85n.jpg

Started walking as much as I could around the estate, to the shop about a mile away and up and dwn the stairs as many times as I could manage without falling down but that was not enough for me. Then I found my old Pump It Up DVD. Put it on, manages 30 mins then........ DVD stopped playing..... it was scratched. Oh crap!!!!
Went on YouTube, found it there and started working out.

Week five:

Ok so with being sick before I sort of ate some foods I wasn't allowed to on the plan because I knew it would help the medicine work its magic! Wasn't expecting a big result but then......
Back to the consultant and back on the scales and 81 (178lb). That was two days ago and after eating my breakfast and drinking about 3 glasses of water.

05dq2q43co0m.jpg6q4i0ki6pjvq.jpg

Week seven

Started to add more veg and more protein, seeing what hurts my stomach and what is safe for me to eat. I'm full of energy throughout the day so in the evening I do 30 Day Shred as my workout and walk around the estate during the day as an added exercise. I don't know how many times I climb the stairs a day even if I don't have to go upstairs. I'll just for a laugh. 15 May weighed in at 79kg/174lb.n4vnszrarang.jpgnhgyt49p3vat.jpg
Measurements now:
Waist 36, Hips 45, Bust 36, Arms 12, Top Belly 34, Bottom Belly 42.

Starting BMI 35.7
Current BMI 31.0

Im nt finished yet. I've gone from 95kg to 79kg, from size 18-20 down to 12-14.

Replies

• cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Great job taking control of your life, and dropping the pounds! Keep up the good work!
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    wow look at you. u doing good my friend. thanks to you seen you i have hope for me. i know for sure i will see you reach your goal and you will see me. yay for you. congrats. so far so good keep going. seeing you like this really push me for more be cause if u can i can too :)
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    awesome job,keep up the good work :)
  • jorinya
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @cdcruizer05 thank you. You're so kind.
    @Ciler_80 Girl, we will both reach our goals and the celebration will be so big they will be talking about it for years,lol. Seriously, you are doing great. Loving what I'm seeing!! Its my MFP friends like you that give me the strength and focus to persevere. Thanks for being there!!! We're on this road together!!
    @ObiWanJacoby_ thanks. From your pick see you have done really well yourself.
    @chrisjonesy2k thank you so much. You are one of my inspirations so a comment like that from you is GREAT!!!!!
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I used to live in Cameroon and I remember so well the chin chin, boiled groundnuts, koki beans, scotch eggs... so much good food! But it is also harder to count calories with so many foods are unlabeled. You look great, best of luck.
  • jorinya
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @gle8442 thanks very much. I understand what you mean. I think NAFDAC should do something about that. But I doubt that will happen.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Quick update:
    I injured my lower back and pelvic muscles due to over stretching an old injury when getting up too fast from the couch. Silly me. Rested for a few days then my husband got sick so I gave up my workout to take care of my darling. He is better now. I've recovered from my injury and am now back on Day 3 of 30 Day Shred Level 1, 2 and 3. Weigh in is not till next Friday because of recovery but going this Friday just to touch base.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post! Good Job! I hope you reach all of your goals. <3
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome...great
  • jorinya
    Options
    @erojoy Thanks very much. You're such a sweetheart. Struggling to meet my goal for this week so extended it a few days so that I don't get frustrated and stop.
    @amitglinkedin Thank you. Anything is possible if you just believe you can do it!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!! :)
  • jorinya
    Options
    @smkondy, thank you very much.
  • AnneLSam
    AnneLSam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great and your new self-confidence is all over your face! Congratulations!
  • jorinya
    Options
    @AnneLSam, thank you so much. I'm happier than I have been in a long time. Glad it shows
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great going..nice to put up week by week...keep posting.. it gives us all more hope..
  • jorinya
    Options
    @praksindiafit, hope is a great thing, it helps you live life to the fullest. Without hope, life would be horrible. I hope I reach my target weight, I hope I will set a good example for my kids, I hope I'm there for them when they are older and need me most. Next update will be next week once I see my consultant and weigh in and get measured. Thank so much for your comment.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Quick update as I am really happy with myself and want to share it. I'm on level 3 of 30 Day Shred, day 4 after restarting due to unrelated injury and I managed to do full sit ups and all the plank movements with easy. Its been over 14 years since I did a sit up. I'm on my way to being fit and healthy again and I feel on top of the world. Full sit ups were impossible for me to do due to having 4 c-sections, or that was what the doctors told me. Today I proved them wrong. If I can do it then you can do more. Just believe you can do it and you are half way there.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Week 8:
    OK so I'm now officially over two months into my journey, 8 weeks and 2 days to be exact and I am now 78kg, 171lbs. I have lost over 12kg, almost 27lbs which is almost 2 stone weight gone. I can't believe it. I am back to the weight I was before my little girl was born over three years ago. I have only 12kg to reach my goal weight. Today I celebrated by eating a normal breakfast and adding some carbs. In a few minutes I'm going to tuck into potatoes and butter, yummy. Might have a bit of chicken and veggies but not sure as I am just so happy. No PIC to update today but will do measurements. Possibly will add pic on Friday or Monday. So watch this space.

Starting Measurements: (22 March 2015)
    Weight: 91kg. BMI: 35.7
    Waist: 43. Hips: 50. Bust: 39. Arms: 13.5. Top Belly: 40. Bottom Belly: 46 Thighs: unknown (didn't want to measure)

Current Measurements: (25 May 2015)
    Weight: 78kg. BMI: 30.3
    Waist: 35. Hips: 44. Bust: 38. Arms: 12. Top Belly: 33. Bottom Belly: 41. Thighs: 22 (for further ref for me)

Thanks to Cambridge Weight Plan (Nigeria), my consultant, my doctors, my wonderful darling husband and four amazing kids and of course you guys and gals on MFP, I am now past the midpoint of my weight loss journey and coming to the closing stretch. You guys rock!
  • jorinya
    Options
    PIC update:
    3h24d6kf1llh.jpg
    dl7ievuej2m9.jpg

Tummy gone now. Yippee!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!