New at Juicing. Advice Welcome!

Options
I want to start a juicing cleanse, but first... I need a juicer. I dont know what to get. And do I need a juicer or a blender? A bullet or a ninja? There are so many options. Please help me out.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    OP, what is your reason for wanting to do this?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I want to start a juicing cleanse, but first... I need a juicer. I dont know what to get. And do I need a juicer or a blender? A bullet or a ninja? There are so many options. Please help me out.

Rather than a juicer, get a bullet or a blender because they are more versatile.
    A typical recipe in the nutribullet for me is as many greens as will fit (kale, romaine), one fruit, and some milk or yogurt. If I need more protein I add slivered almonds or hemp seeds.
  • sunshine4u229
    sunshine4u229 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OP, what is your reason for wanting to do this?

I have severe chronic migraines as well as pcos. Ive been doing research on juicing and how it allows you to absorb MUCH more of the nutrients and your body absorbs them faster.

I'm just sick of taking 15+ daily medications when I'm only 25. I want to try to heal my body with nature and not chemicals
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Do you have insulin resistance to go along with your PCOS?

I also have very severe chronic migraines, what protocols are you on?

Please, please, please ... listen to a voice of experience. A supply of good nutrients can optimize how well you feel, but it cannot heal you.

I should probably repeat that, but I won't, because you're not a child.

My migraines, even with the best medicine has to offer, are still unpredictable enough, that should I have to work, I would not be able to. And yet? The protocol I'm on has been life changing.

Fruits and vegetables contain wonderful things. They're also delicious. They won't cure you, though. There are too many people out there telling people things that just aren't true. You won't find one scientific study showing anyone who was cured by juicing.