Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    House points for the food challenge this week will be one point for each day that you met the 4 color challenge - so a possible 7 points for the week.

My weigh in: 178 today - down 2!

3 points for strength training
    4 points for the food challenge - got thrown off course by a stomach bug :(
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    SW- 143lbs
    Week 1- 140lbs (-3lbs)
    Week 2- 138lbs (-2lbs;5lbs)
    Week 3- 136lbs (-2lbs;7lbs)
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with my house points again now that we've voted. 2 pts for strength training and 5 for days of 4 food colours. So 7 pts for this week :). I'm not quite sure what my running total is.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Just checking in with my house points again now that we've voted. 2 pts for strength training and 5 for days of 4 food colours. So 7 pts for this week :). I'm not quite sure what my running total is.

No worries - I'm keeping the running totals and will post them after everyone weighs in. Thanks for the update!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Weighing in! I'm down to 161.2lbs. Also, for the house points I have 4 points for strength training and 1 point for the colors. :smile:
  • cook2128
    cook2128 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi All,

I stayed the same at 147 pounds. I didn't do any strength training this week (I've been really sick) but I did have 5 colorful food days.

week 3 house points = 5
    previous total = 16
    total housepoints = 21
  • azsuzi
    Options
    This week's challenges from the main thread:
    Food Challenge:
    Seems like some of us have some trouble controlling our cravings so hopefully this challenge will help. Pick one or two foods you know is unhealthy that you tend to binge on (if you have one) and when you feel a craving for that food, take a small serving, put it in a baggie or a bowl and then put the rest away, go in another room and eat it slowly. Really savor the taste and texture of each bite. Hopefully you will find it is more satisfying that way! :)

Exercise challenge:
    Try some type of exercise you either have never done before, or at least havent done in a long time. Can be anything at all..if its been years since you rode a bike, take a bike ride, or try jumping rope, or horseback riding or a new exercise video or go for a hike in a new location...anything that is a little bit different from what you normall do. Sometimes shaking things up makes your metabolism speed up and makes it more interesting for you! Maybe you will find a type of exercise you really enjoy! :)

Good luck everyone!!!

Hmmm - So how to give points for these?
    1 point for each day you short-circuit a binge and
    1 point for each new type of exercise

Sound good?

Cook2128 - hope you're feeling better :flowerforyou:
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm at 147 this week and did strength training two days this week. I didn't know about all the challenges for points, so that's why I haven't been posting in regard to those.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry ravenclaw I am embarrassed to post that I am back up to 174. I felt like I had a really good week I weight trained 3 day this week and did carido and yoga the other days. stayed under 1500 cals drank my water. Im not gona beat myself up though Im just going to do better starting today.

great idea on the binge eating by the way. Good luck everyone.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am down to 133.4 this week not bad. I did the colour food thing with 3 meals but that's all and 1 day strength training
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Still need weights for:

ashiesmash
    beanie242
    Cherubcrnp
    Chloetwin
    fitterpat
    Ren0913
    Rissadiane
    Swimmer23
    TwiFan5
    twooliver
    Wishfuljulia
    Bethanyweathers
    Chubtub
    Heidi_M – 88kg / 75kg
    Kjarlune
    Natl27

Come on Ravenclaw! Let's show the other houses how to do it!!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaw!

I've got to start checking in more often...y'all are doing some fun challenges!

Weigh in this week...213.5

Down 1.5
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow it's been so long since I've been here! Just got back from Florida. Wonderful trip.

Anyhoo, I weighed myself and I didn't gain any weight! I'm still at 237. I'm sorry I couldn't lose any weight for our house, but to be honest I'm just happy I didn't gain weight while on vacation.

Let's go Ravenclaw!
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll do all my weigh in stuff first thing tomorrow morning, I just got back from a looong car ride back home! <3 Visiting family is great, but man do I feel disconnected from the world!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am 271.2 today. I met the food challenge and the exercise challenge....I bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    100 Ibs ( Stayed the same and is wondering where the hell Aunt Flow is as was due today but not here yet.)

House Points only got 3 points for the food challenge.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 3 for house points... I did 2 days of strength training and every day I had at least 4 colors (I adore fruit and veggies)

As for weight I'm very sorry to say I'm up 2, I'm weighting in at 203.

It was a bad week, TOM came a week early and my boyfriend and I drove to NYC (from pgh) and spent 20 of 48 hours in a car eating junk food the whole way to attend a wedding that had *NO* water at it... who does that??

I'll do better this week. Sorry I couldn't be more help Ravenclaws :-(
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add house points for week 3:
    5 points for colorful foods (I love fruits and veggies too)
    3 points for strength training
    Total 8 pts
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am down 1.2 to 171.2 this week :)

For house points, I got 5 for 4 colors, and 3 for strength training
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weighing in .... 212.4 (No change) - reminds me that I really need to update my measurements ..... I will add house points later this morning.

On a whim - I weighed this morning - 211.8 (great start on the new week)

Posting 3 points for strength training & 4 points for color this week (hubbie was not extra creative)