B12 shots and phentermine

Options
So I gained a significant amount of weight in a short period of time. I had labs done and they haven't found anything so it's possibly stress. I have been decreasing my stress but also heard from a frond about significant weight loss using phentermine. It is not safe to use without monitoring and it has to be prescribed. I found a weight management clinic that gives the meds and B12 lipo shots. They also have diet plans to help you learn how to eat better and positive monitoring. I have been on the shots, pills, and diet for only 3 days and have lost 5 lbs. I am extremely encouraged. I was 184 and my goal is 135. It is very simple to prepare the food and I hope this time the weight truly comes off and stays away! Good luck to you all and please feel free to ask me any questions.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    This thread could be pretty lol before it is closed
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Yet another one.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    And what happens when you stop? Will you gain it all back?
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    dis-gonna-be-good-bear-sitting-down-chair-1372353364n.gif[img][/img]
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Maybe your labs coming back clear just means you're eating too much and that there's not something else you can blame your weight gain on. Maybe. Just throwing it out there.

And shouldn't the fact that phentermine isn't safe without monitoring tell you that it's risky? Aka not a good idea?

Btw, when the phentermine stops and you're still eating too much, the weight will all come back.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I would be very concerned about the side effects of the drug. Are you also aware that B-vitamins can increase appetite? Perhaps you might want to reconsider a calories in-calories out plan. It's cheaper with fewer side effects. Calculate how many calories your body needs on a daily basis using a TDEE calculator and then eat at a deficit. You're more likely to have better, long-term weight loss success. As others have said, once you stop taking the drug, you'll probably gain the weight back. Tracking calories has taught me how much food to eat daily in order to stay within my calorie budget.
  • AngelinC13
    AngelinC13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I prescribe phentermine to many of my patients, but usually only do it if they are obese and have knee or back problems that keep them from exercising. If you are eating right and exercising, the weight should come off. And when I say exercise, I don't mean a stroll on the treadmill or elliptical. I mean real exercise. And if you don't change your lifestyle, the weight will come right back. Phentermine will also stop working after a few months. You shouldn't be on it more than 5 months cause it's not good for your heart to stay on it any longer than that. Don't expect to lose more than 0.5lbs a week, no matter how you are losing the weight. It will take the same amount of time or longer to get the weight off as it did to put it on. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    And what happens when you stop? Will you gain it all back?

• Luvlyrose
    Luvlyrose Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was on this 2 different times one for 8 months another for 6 months. Took it along with diuretic pill and chromate and dui caps and b12 and lipo shots 2x a weeks. Didn't lose more than 30 lbs each time. I stopped them and each time id gain 20 lbs more than i was. Never trying these again or any diet pill for that matter. :|
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    When there is nothing physically wrong with you except that you have gained weight, the most likely culprit is overeating. I'd start with addressing that.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    creoledyme wrote: »
    They also have diet plans to help you learn how to eat better and positive monitoring. I have been on the shots, pills, and diet for only 3 days and have lost 5 lbs

Why don't you skip the drugs and just follow the diet plan? The rest is really unneeded.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You know what else looked good three days in? Real housewives of DC. The treaty of Versailles. The Cubs.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    dis-gonna-be-good-bear-sitting-down-chair-1372353364n.gif

LOLZ!

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Lordy lord.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You know what else looked good three days in? Real housewives of DC. The treaty of Versailles. The Cubs.

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Sapphiretransformed
    Sapphiretransformed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and after my third child I gained40lbs in 5 months. Doctor did labs everything came back fine so she gave me the pills and b12shots. I did it for three months. The weight came off easy BUT I was working out regularly and she gave me a meal plan that I followed to the T. After the 3 months I told her I wanted to do it on my own..... That was from late October 2012 to Feb2014 and now I'm down 99lbs and toning up pretty nice. You will only gain the weight back if you only rely on the pills and shots and not put in the work. Hope this helps. Add me for more Support
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I took the adipex about 1.5 months. I did it solely to help my constant feeling of hunger, so I'd stop binge eating. Yes, it helped with that. And unlike what a diet clinic tends to tell you, you can eat bread. I've also heard of some clinics that ask you to follow a 500calorie a day diet. If they did that, please walk away now. you HAVE to eat while on this medication. I don't give a crap what anyone says, even a doctor. Food fuel body. Food good.

Know that this is not a miracle drug, and you won't get a lot of love on MFP with the mention of it. Know you can't be on it forever, and that it's not the PILL and the SHOTS making you lose weight, but the fact you are now eating at a calorie deficit. Also, this is a schedule IV(I think, correct me if i am wrong) Rx, and can be addictive. Proceed with extreme caution, and don't think this pill is your lifestyle change.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    creoledyme wrote: »
    So I gained a significant amount of weight in a short period of time. I had labs done and they haven't found anything so it's possibly stress. I have been decreasing my stress but also heard from a frond about significant weight loss using phentermine. It is not safe to use without monitoring and it has to be prescribed. I found a weight management clinic that gives the meds and B12 lipo shots. They also have diet plans to help you learn how to eat better and positive monitoring. I have been on the shots, pills, and diet for only 3 days and have lost 5 lbs. I am extremely encouraged. I was 184 and my goal is 135. It is very simple to prepare the food and I hope this time the weight truly comes off and stays away! Good luck to you all and please feel free to ask me any questions.

You have a little over 40 pounds to lose, which is not much, and you're using a diet pill?

A diet pill will not help unless you eat at a calorie deficit, and it you don't eat at a calorie deficit while taking the pill you will not lose weight.

The only reason you are losing weight while taking the pill is because you are eating less calories than you burn.

In other words, the diet pills are 100% unnecessary because if you are eating at a calorie deficit you are already doing the work.

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Wow, 40 lbs only? I didn't even catch that. That led shouldnt even be CONSIDERED for someone who isn't obese.