What to eat?

Options
im trying to lose weight as well as just eat a little better than I normally do. What are some good meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) that are filling yet low in calories?

Replies

• buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i like to make noodles with frozen veggies and a can of chicken/tuna. i don't add sauce but i think it's still pretty solid with some spices and only 400 calories or so (200 without noodles).
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This site is good: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    But otherwise, just eat the food you like. Make sure you're weighing, measuring & logging everything you eat and drink though, and make it fit your calorie allowance.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I kinda eat what I always have minus all the sweets. I just eat less of it. And I often choose a salad rather than a heavy meal. I try not to let myself get too hungry...so I carefully watch my calorie count so I have plenty to eat without going over.
  • LisaRoloff
    LisaRoloff Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been making up a big bag of mixed salad greens and homemade dressing and about 30 minutes or so before I have a regular meal I fix myself a nice big helping of salad from my ready made bag and that seems to fill me up so I don't get to the point of starving at meal time. :)
  • KimBaker7463
    KimBaker7463 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Check out the great recipes on www.nutrimostrecipes.com
  • JennWehry06
    JennWehry06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eggs with a little cheese and whole wheat or whole grain bread is a great breakfast. Usually a breakfast like this keeps me full til lunch.
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I found this delicious chili on Eating Well's website. We've made it 3 or 4 times already! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_black_bean_chili.html
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Chicken cooked hundreds of different ways, sirloin steak on the grill then sliced into a stir fry, pork tenderloin turkey chili, turkey tacos, grilled or baked fish, lots of steamed and roasted veggies. Eat what you like. Log it.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Eggs with a buttered English muffin, protein shakes, oats, greek yogurt, fruit, wraps, sandwiches, protein bars, nuts,vegetables,sugar free jello with light cool whip, dark chocolate. Fish, chicken, pork, beef.
  • Marissalouise760
    Marissalouise760 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This has helped me a lot! For breakfast I normally make an egg sandwich and lunch is usually a salad or a chicken sandwich. It's going to be nice having a bigger variety of meals.