Meal plan for weight gain

I'm currently 93lbs and hoping to gain about 15 lbs. I've been gaining and losing for the past months. If anyone has any calorie dense meal plans please share! Thanks

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    I apologize if this is forward, but is this gain due to eating disorder recovery? If so, this question is best answered by a care team due to the risks involved.
  • igainer
    igainer Posts: 3 Member
    It's okay! No eating disorders , I just have a hard time keeping my weight up .
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    igainer wrote: »
    It's okay! No eating disorders , I just have a hard time keeping my weight up .

Ah, ok!
    Peanut butter and avocado are great calorie dense additions; they're pretty flexible for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you eat meat, choosing fattier cuts can help you up the calories as well. Depending on your metabolism and maintenance calories (which sound very high), I would experiment with different calorie goals until you reach one that sees you consistently gaining.

I also recommend Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cremes. 170 calories for 6. You could eat quite a bit for dessert and get a calorie boost from those! Lol.
  • igainer
    igainer Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! Hopefully I'll be updating on my progress
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Any nuts in general are good, too. They're pretty calorie dense across the board. Also, cooking fats are extremely calorie dense, usually ranging from 100-120 calories per tablespoon. It might be worth using some full-fat yogurts to smoothies, if you're a smoothie eater. Can easily add in an extra 100+ calories per smoothie that way. Granolas and dried fruit, or things like trail mix can easily add up to an extra 200-500 calories without much thought. Not sure how well those things would work into your eating habits but just a few suggestions off the top of my head. :) Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Nuts, seeds, full fat dairy, pork, lamb, beef.

What's your calorie goal to gain?