Newbie here

Options
bluellies
bluellies Posts: 82 Member
Hiya! I've been dieting since May 5th, and didn't use an online resource. My sister started dieting about a week ago (I like to think when I visited her she caught the bug :D ) and found this site, told me I just had to check it out. Have only been on here for one day, but so far I really like it! I've gained 38 pounds in two years, and haven't been this big since giving birth to my first child. Am kicking it for good this time, figured out that I can't eat whatever I want anymore. Time for a change, and hopefully MFP can help me towards my goal.

Replies

• eorourke23
    eorourke23 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi there, add me onto your list of encouraging friends :)
  • Deran18
    Deran18 Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm pretty new myself, but I think its helping already (or aleast it has made me alot more aware of where I'm at on this weight loss journey). Could use a few more friends to get/give more ideas, tips, and encouragement if you wanna add me! And feek free to keep us posted on what's working/not working so far...
  • chrisseybabe
    chrisseybabe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the site good luck with the dieting... but dont say dieting call it healthy eating better choice of words.... having kids does put the llbs on but with hard work and determination and self control over what you put in your mouth will work..... I was a size 20 after having my kids for years and one day decided enough was enough and am now a comfortable 12..... good luck and never give up.....
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will help you if I can! Feel free to add me!
  • ValGalNC
    ValGalNC Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there!! Welcome!! I'm new tooo!! : ) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    hello! welcome!
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am pretty new as well. I always love new friends along this journey. Feel free to add me. New tips, support, and encouragement is always a great thing to have. :)