Any CrossFit success stories?

Options
jamiep926
jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I started Crossfit not too long ago. Any success stories? When can I achieve ripped body? Also, should I do cardio on the side?

Replies

• elguapogallegos
    elguapogallegos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of CF success stories. You have to find a good box with good coaches though. And as far as getting ripped through crossfit, you can get ripped from most exercise plans, cross fit, p90x, insanity, good gym routine, IF you eat properly. Shoot, you can do all 3 and still not have a ripped body if you're eating pizza and burritos all day. Cross fit is not for everyone. Most boxes give you a free week. Try out a few and see if you like it.
  • jamiep926
    Options
    Lots of CF success stories. You have to find a good box with good coaches though. And as far as getting ripped through crossfit, you can get ripped from most exercise plans, cross fit, p90x, insanity, good gym routine, IF you eat properly. Shoot, you can do all 3 and still not have a ripped body if you're eating pizza and burritos all day. Cross fit is not for everyone. Most boxes give you a free week. Try out a few and see if you like it.

Thanks!!!!!!

• effervescence1
    effervescence1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started with an on ramp class in December and go 2x a week now. I love it! I have seen a ton of changes in my body shape and other comment all the time about the changes. I'm not "ripped" yet, but that's because I have a long way to go.
  • jamiep926
    Options
    I started with an on ramp class in December and go 2x a week now. I love it! I have seen a ton of changes in my body shape and other comment all the time about the changes. I'm not "ripped" yet, but that's because I have a long way to go.
    Lucky for you to see changes.. I'm not even close.. I started over a month ago... still nothing.. My mobility is better but no one seem to notice any changes in me..
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Results will come. But you cannot expect real results in a month.
    Instead of obsessing on getting results, try to have fun. If you are having fun, you will stick with it. If you stick with it, you will find results.
  • jamiep926
    Options
    True.... Just that its so damn hard, during the wod, I'm always thinking 'why the hell did I signed up for this?' Then when its done, I feel relived and satisfied.
  • blossom015
    blossom015 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 80lbs in 8 months doing crossfit at a local gym. My results were consistent but most importantly is how my level of fitness improved and i really enjoyed working out.

I no longer attend a gym but I use several of the routines that we used to maintain my results almost a year later. HIIT/Tabata has proven to be very beneficial for me. Here are some websites that i use for exercise routines
    *lucilleroberts
    *fitsugar
    *shape magazine
  • jamiep926
    Options
    blossom015 wrote: »
    I lost 80lbs in 8 months doing crossfit at a local gym. My results were consistent but most importantly is how my level of fitness improved and i really enjoyed working out.

I no longer attend a gym but I use several of the routines that we used to maintain my results almost a year later. HIIT/Tabata has proven to be very beneficial for me. Here are some websites that i use for exercise routines
    *lucilleroberts
    *fitsugar
    *shape magazine
    Thanks so much!!! Oh and what a result!! Hope I get there too!