Question for the ladies TMI - ?

Options
Hi ladies,

I've been doing keto for a little under two weeks. I started spotting earlier this week, and I'm on the pill and haven't ever had issues with it before for the years I've been taking it. Is spotting normal with weight loss/keto? I've lost water weight but I doubt I've lost any fat. It really surprised me so I was hoping to know if others found this to happen to them as well so I know if it is anything to worry about or not.

Thanks!

Replies

• Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've experienced that ... but since every body is different, it may as well be normal. I also don't know anything really about keto (I don't like the idea of restricting any macronutrient that much, I found it to be unsustainable), but it may well be a side effect of that, especially if you have been eating a good amount of carbs before. Maybe some keto-folks will weigh in here :) Good luck with your weight loss!
  • ljh8805
    ljh8805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to do keto a while ago and I had this. It only happened once. I did a search at the time and asked around on keto Facebook pages and lots of women had experienced it. I forget why. X
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    How old are you, and how much exercise are you doing?
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Diet changes can result in hormonal changes
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

22, I don't exercise often at the moment. At most 30 minutes a day.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ljh8805 wrote: »
    I used to do keto a while ago and I had this. It only happened once. I did a search at the time and asked around on keto Facebook pages and lots of women had experienced it. I forget why. X

Good point, I'll look for posts in /r/xxketo. Completely forgot about that sub! Thanks very much.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

22, I don't exercise often at the moment. At most 30 minutes a day.

All right ... that rules out the two ideas I had. :)

I'm 48 and began spotting and doing all sorts of weird things about a year ago. Short story is that it turned out to be perimenopause.

And since I've been in my early 30s, putting in a massive amount of exercise would cause me to spot.

Nevertheless, you might want to see a Dr ... just to be on the safe side.