I ran my first ever 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Be so proud of yourself....we are!!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, great job!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Awesome time for your first 5k!
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    Great job Gail! I ran my first last fall and it took me the whole day to come off of the 'high' from all the wonderful endorphins, :D!!!!!!!!!
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    woooooooooooooooohooooooooooo I'm looking forward to completing my first 5 k too :) xx
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be proud of your accomplishment!!! I ran my first one in April, another one yesterday, and have set a goal to run one once a month this summer!!!! Congrats and keep up the hard work :)
  • mrstudz
    mrstudz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    conrgratulations!!! now try and do it in 20 mins or less...to give you an idea the world record is about 15 mins i think.

20 mins or less is benchmark for many football clubs during team tryouts...its verychallenging.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great time too!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's fantastic!!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I think I'll set my next goal to get it under 30 mins! On the run I did, the record for a woman is 16.28 and it's 15.47 for the men - so yeah, I'm a long way off yet. Still hate running - although I must admit, it's the only thing that has tones up the saggy, flabby horrible bits round my knees!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!