Best Diet Food Ever

2»

Replies

• 3841maggie
    3841maggie Posts: 2 Member
    Two peoples separated by a common language! Yes, I think British jelly is US Jell-o, and US jelly is Britsh jam. Sorry to spark the confusion.
    When I was a child in the 60s a company called Robertson's made a range of jellies and jams. The company mascot was a 'Golly' ; with each jar sold you could get a Golly sticker which you could convert to statues or badges if you collected enough. I think the sets are now worth a fortune but mine are long gone. It's quite ironic that I am now praising the products from a company that gave me a sweet tooth in the first place as a diet aid. Thank god for sugar free. For those that remember block jelly that had to be dissolved in hot water, were you guilty of stealing the concentrated squares before your mom could make the pudding? My mother would often find a packet that looked perfectly normal until she picked it up and discovered that my brother and I had been raiding her stores. Happy days.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    3841maggie wrote: »
    Two peoples separated by a common language! Yes, I think British jelly is US Jell-o, and US jelly is Britsh jam. Sorry to spark the confusion.

Even more confusion! Jam usually uses the whole fruit while jelly uses juice/contentrates...is there a difference between the two there as well?
  • countrycutie408
    countrycutie408 Posts: 12 Member
    So... sugar free jello? Lol I'm from Canada Ontario
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Hmmm, we have a box of peach sugar free Jello (living with a diabetic there's a lot of sugar-free here...just not gummy bears!) and I'm now kind of tempted to make it