5ft 8 women, help!

Options
I'm 5ft 8, and currently 161lbs. I don't know what my goal weight is...and I don't know what is possible for me. If anyone around 5ft 8 has any photos that they could share it would be greatly appreciated! It'd just be nice to have an idea of how I could look.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"8. Started at 202 and I weigh 135 now. I got down to 128 but that wasn't sustainable for me personally.
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 5"8. Started at 202 and I weigh 135 now. I got down to 128 but that wasn't sustainable for me personally.
    Excellent work!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    There's a website, something like my body gallery. Go there and you'll see tons of 5'8 ladies and their weights. You'll see that everyone looks different , even at the same height and weight.
    You'll know when your getting close to goal , numbers aren't always a great indicator.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    mls100771 wrote: »
    Excellent work!

Thanks!!!
  • RobynSeabrook
    RobynSeabrook Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have to look at that website! I know everyone looks different etc. but I just want a rough guide so I know that I will eventually get there!
    Amazing loss!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I tried to post a pic for you but I'm on my cell (android app so can't figure it out! Lol) I'll keep trying op! But it does seem that most 5'8 ladies I've met on here stopped their weight loss and went to maitain at @ 145/135 lbs. So your almost there!! :-)
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have to look at that website! I know everyone looks different etc. but I just want a rough guide so I know that I will eventually get there!
    Amazing loss!

Hi Robyn...

Just remember... thorsmom01 got there the same way everyone else did... a pound at a time! Focus on your daily routine and diet and you will be where you want to be in no time!

Mike
  • RobynSeabrook
    RobynSeabrook Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mls100771 wrote: »
    Hi Robyn...

Just remember... thorsmom01 got there the same way everyone else did... a pound at a time! Focus on your daily routine and diet and you will be where you want to be in no time!

Mike

Yeah, I've lost 35lbs in the last 5 months so I'm proud of myself! Hopefully I'm about halfway!
    Thanks for the encouragement. :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out at 150 and am around 132 currently. eqlx816x6vhw.jpg
    899c4zxzhr6v.jpg
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I range between 140-145. I have a bigger frame and lots of muscle so this is a good weight for me. I don't go below 140.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" also and have been as high as 167 but started on MFP (again) in April at 155.6. I'm at 147.3 now and trying to get down to 140 for maintenance. I'm not happy at anything over 145 and lower than 140 is too hard to maintain- so that's my sweet zone! I have a smallish frame- wrist is 6.25"
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame and am fairly muscular at 5'8." My goal range is from 165-170ish. I used to weigh 132 in my "pageant days" (shhhhh!) 25+ years ago and I was so thin that you could see my ribs on my chest. The pageant folks wanted me to get down to 124 lbs but that was just way too thin for my frame size.

I gained weight with my two girls and have battled with an extra 25-30 lbs. for the past 15 years. I have lost 10 lbs and have 20 more to go. Once I lose that additional 20 lbs I will see if I want to try to lose more. I am in my mid-50's now, and like others have said I want the weight to be a reasonable one for me to be able to maintain without starving myself constantly.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No pics but I'm 5'9 started at 160 currently 145 (i think, i dont weigh often!!) Looking to get to 140 or lower. The number doesnt matter anymore really, I just want to be comfortable with myself
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a bit taller...5'10. I started at 234.2 now 156.8. My goal for my height is 150-145.

I think 145-135 would be a good range for your height!
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, too, and just starting out. This thread is pure gold! Thank you all so much for sharing! I've been overweight my whole life and have no idea what to strive for, either. P.S., GingerSka, thank you for the photos - you look great!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    5'9" and between 135 and 140 in my profile pic. When I'm not trying to make weight, I think 140-145 looks best on me.
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thank you all!!! I'm 5'7.5" and started at 260. I'm around 175-180 now, and have maintained for a year... Waaaayy below what I'd ever see again in my life!!! But am wondering what it would be like to be 25-30 lbs less... So thank you! Maineapple, I'm right with ya!!! :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-1/2", and have never in my adult life weighed less than 150.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    BMI is usually considered pretty inaccurate but I used a BMI calculator to figure out a 'healthy' weight for me, and I'm just going to see how I go, and alter it if I feel I need to :) it might be a good starting point for you if you're not sure how to start or just want to set an initial goal? :)
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 125lbs here! Add me :)