Nice breakfasts under 200 calories

Options
Hi there,

I would like to know if you guys know some nice breakfast recipes < 200 calories. I always eat the same: a slice of bread with peanut butter, oatmeal.. blabla.
I do love oatmeal but i would like to vary a bit more! So who knows some good breakfast ideas <200 calories, preferably with a lot of proteins!

I would love to hear it from you!!

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with fresh fruit. Smoothies. Bread with cream cheese. Cereal and milk. Omelettes. Boiled eggs.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 226 cals. 40g porridge oats, 200ml almond milk and 22g prunes (it varies between 20 and 30g for 5 prunes).

Sorry, just read that you are bored of porridge oats! In that case, I'll follow this as I'm a bit sick of them myself :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If all I had was 200 cals I probably wouldn't bother and have a bigger lunch...
  • myweightloss2016
    myweightloss2016 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 226 cals. 40g porridge oats, 200ml almond milk and 22g prunes (it varies between 20 and 30g for 5 prunes).

Sorry, just read that you are bored of porridge oats! In that case, I'll follow this as I'm a bit sick of them myself :)

Haha thanks anyway!
  • myweightloss2016
    Options
    If all I had was 200 cals I probably wouldn't bother and have a bigger lunch...

Yeah I'm not a big fan of breakfast haha. In the weekend I combine breakfast and lunch and I eat about 500 calories.. but on weekdays.. nah I want to eat something light!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I would never in my life be able to make a meal out of 200 calories... >.>
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of a breakfast budget, but I try to keep my breakfast calorie budget small so I can have more at dinner. Anyway, yogurt with an orange and some nuts to sprinkle on the yogurt.
    Or a serving of Cheerios cereal with milk should come in right around 200.
  • myweightloss2016
    Options

It's not that hard actually! I always used to eat oatmeal with water and some honey..
    Or just a slice of bread with something on it (turkey, peanut butter ) and a piece of fruit!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

It's not that hard actually! I always used to eat oatmeal with water and some honey..
    Or just a slice of bread with something on it (turkey, peanut butter ) and a piece of fruit!

A 200 calorie meal would only keep me full for about 30 minutes, then I'd be hungry again.

Then again, I'm a relatively active 6' guy. I need the calories.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm gearing up for breakfast now: it'll be a total of about 230 calories: a cup of Fiber One and a banana, with coffee and almond milk. If I had half a cup of the Fiber One, that would lower the calorie count to just a smidge above 200. Usually, I go with about 300-350 calories for breakfast, but I'm invited to a bbq today and I know I'll be eating lots and drinking about 2 glasses of wine.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My go-to is egg white omelets -- 1 egg white is ~17cals -- so I do like 4 egg whites, 1 slice of velveeta cheese (35cals), an ounce of sliced lunch meat and then either fresh fruit, sliced tomatoes or even avocado. Pairing the omelet with fruit or veggies works awesome!
  • quiltgal55
    quiltgal55 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Never skip breakfast. It sets you up for the day. You should be able to make a really nice veggie omelet out of one whole egg and one egg white loaded with veggies.
    Another idea is to make some little crustless quiches baked in muffin cups and topped with the veggies and cheese of your choice. then you can cool and bag up. Nuke to reheat.

I personally like eating the same breakfast every morning. I make a big pot oatmeal ( half large flake and half steel cut oats, I add some vanilla and cinnamon to the water cook either on the stove or in the crockpot. I refrigerate and every morning I have a serving of oatmeal and top with frozen wild blueberries. I nuke it in the microwave and serve with almond milk. I sometimes add a spoonful of protein powder to boost the protein power.
    Another nice breakfast is poached eggs on a bed or wilted (microwave) spinach.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Or another combo I use a lot is a Light & Fit greek yogurt (80cals for 12g protein), and then a boiled egg and 1/4 c blueberries
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    quiltgal55 wrote: »
    Never skip breakfast. It sets you up for the day. You should be able to make a really nice veggie omelet out of one whole egg and one egg white loaded with veggies.
    Another idea is to make some little crustless quiches baked in muffin cups and topped with the veggies and cheese of your choice. then you can cool and bag up. Nuke to reheat.

I personally like eating the same breakfast every morning. I make a big pot oatmeal ( half large flake and half steel cut oats, I add some vanilla and cinnamon to the water cook either on the stove or in the crockpot. I refrigerate and every morning I have a serving of oatmeal and top with frozen wild blueberries. I nuke it in the microwave and serve with almond milk. I sometimes add a spoonful of protein powder to boost the protein power.
    Another nice breakfast is poached eggs on a bed or wilted (microwave) spinach.

You can eat when you like... Makes no difference to anything if you "miss" meals or not. I haven't eaten "breakfast" regularly for about 2 years and doing ok!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

It's more a question of whether anything of <200cals is worth the hassle.

I had 900 cals for breakfast today, but I'm pretty active, ran a tough half marathon yesterday and start my training for the next one tomorrow.
  • myweightloss2016
    Options
    Hmmm I'll try to eat more. Thanks guys! I will try to start eating around 300!
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Often, I have 4% cottage cheese and some berries on the side. Or an apple and a mini-babybel. Or a green fruit smoothie (2 ice cubes worth of frozen spinach, 2 c mixed fruit, ~3 Tb 0% greek yogurt and water for consistency. You could add protein powder too) which is 218 calories, but I can't possibly finish it.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    One banana sliced into yoghurt + coffee :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    A pile of sauteed mushrooms and a couple of runny eggs on top.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My egg muffins are less than 200 calories and packed with protein. They're also the huge muffins not the regular size. The great thing is you can make different ones every week. Spinach with feta one week, sausage and onion the next, bacon and tomatoe the list is neverending. Top with shredded cheese and mmmmmm.