Struggling to see change ( pic up )

Options
Louz163
Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
hello, thought id share as this app has helped me so much, i am now 3stone 4lbs lighter ( 46lbs ) after starting my diet on the second of January this year. I still have 3 stone ( 42lbs) id like to lose ( well anything from 2 & a half stone to 3 stone would be great ) i started at 224lbs i feel so much healthy & had to get smaller clothes & can fit into the old stuff id got to big for however anyone else with these feelings u havent changed even with people telling u and u know deep down u have but just dont see. My picture is the one that made me say no u need to lose weight & the second pic i took a couple days ago, in the picture i can see it but when i look in the mirror i dont for some reason ituro7s54qxr7f.jpg

Replies

• 19SarahJayne85
    19SarahJayne85 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference! Well done
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Like when you compare the two pictures, you can not see a difference? Then get your eyes checked.

It is however very common to still look in the mirror and not be able to see a difference for a while, since we often lose weight proportionately. We still have all of our curves and proportions, but everything is smaller. The best way to notice a difference is progress pics. There is no denying those!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference. Well done! I do understand what you are feeling though. I went through a similar thing after losing weight. I still felt very big and thought I looked big. Your mind will catch up :)
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I know self image is important but you should really learn how to love yourself for who you are. You could lose the weight and not feel happy about yourself because you focused too much on how you look. You can definitely see a difference in your picture, I'm not sure how you don't see it.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    What!??! I see a huge difference! You look great, keep up the good work!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The change is obvious, its you.

Theres been a spate of these self doubting threads lately. Why do you need to see the change, can you just accept the fact its happening the scale tell you that you weigh less for a fact as will your clothes show you need smaller sizes. Go with that, eventually the changes will be undeniable if you keep going. When you do start to notice them big time then you cna look at your body every day and noptice cheekbones you hadnt seen for ages muscles , bones and shape that had been hiding. Id also suggest keepong a performance diary for the gym to track your fitness progress, thats one of the things that please me most.

Go and have a look at some of the other threads with people not being able to see th difference as its someone else I bet you cna spot it immediately.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think it is easier to see differences in photographs rather than in the mirror.
    You are doing great!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I've only JUST started seeing the difference when I look at myself in the mirror.

I can see it in the few pictures I've taken, can feel it when I touch various places on my body, and I can feel it in the clothes I wear.

Give it time - you'll see it eventually :)

~Lyssa
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I see it!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You don't see the difference in the photo?!

I understand not seeing the difference in the mirror, or not feeling different.... But when it's blatantly obvious in a photo, it's pretty hard to deny that you've made a huge change!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey ! Take Some Measurements.. Record It And Check Em Occasionally.. The Scale May Not Move But Measurements Will... I Find This More Rewarding Anyways Myself! I Think It's Important To See Changes Even The Small Ones To Feel Good About What Your Doing. Even If It's Half An Inch, It's Motivation To Continue. :)@lkennedy163
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You don't see the difference in the photo?!

I understand not seeing the difference in the mirror, or not feeling different.... But when it's blatantly obvious in a photo, it's pretty hard to deny that you've made a huge change!

No i do see it in the photo as i said in my post its when i look in the mirror i dont
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I look in the mirror I don't see it either. I have to rely on clothing, photos, and measurements.
  • EricaSlaughter
    EricaSlaughter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work!