Options
Hi, I started this morning this diet.
someone knows?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nope sorry I like the CICO way of losing weight...I don't do "diets" but I am gonna google this...yah no...mine is free (except for my normal grocery bill) and that food looked gross sorry...
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I did Exante about 4 years ago. Lost two stone in three months. Wasn't good. I thought it was ace. Then realised actually nope it was just an expensive way of losing weight.

• serena90lsb
    serena90lsb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CICO? I've to search it :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I just googled it and it came back as vlcd . That's not something I would ever do.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Calories In, Calories Out. As long as you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. You don't have to follow a fad diet. Especially a VLCD.

ETA: VLCDs are not supported on this site, for good reason. They can be dangerous without medical supervision, are completely unnecessary for weight loss, promote unhealthy eating habits, and don't teach you anything about proper diet and nutrition.
  • serena90lsb
    Options
    Oh :( I was so happy to start it! But I don't thing that it's expensive.. I spend 2£ a day for the food
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Calories in vs Calories out.

basically eating all the food you love/want/crave in reasonable portions and knowing because you logged it accurately with a food scale that you are taking in less calories than you burned.

I eat about 1500-2000 calories a day and lose 1/2lb a week...and I exercise too...cause i have the energy.

my diary is open.
  • 3bambi3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    double post
  • serena90lsb
    Options
    Thanks all! CICO is really interesting! :D
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Cico is the way to go! Think about long term success. You can't possibly stay on some vlcd forever but you could definitely use cico forever :-)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Those calorie counts were ridiculously low. Which plan are you doing? Do you get to eat ANY supplemental food at all?

Are you aware of the dangers of losing weight too quickly on a very low calorie diet?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    VLCDs are dangerous and not allowed in here. Why don't you just follow the plan MFP gave you at setup?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started this morning this diet.
    someone knows?

The what now?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    nope sorry I like the CICO way of losing weight...I don't do "diets" but I am gonna google this...yah no...mine is free (except for my normal grocery bill) and that food looked gross sorry...

My cat eats better looking stuff than this! Lovely food shot from the Exante home page.

uh912ykoefnh.jpg

:s

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

My cat eats better looking stuff than this! Lovely food shot on the home page of the Exante home page.

uh912ykoefnh.jpg

:s

I did not have the nerve to click on the pictures to look at them close up.

Dear FSM, that looks hideous. I can't even suss out what it's supposed to be.

• PeachyCarol
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OP, Let me share my experience with Nutri-System with you.

I did it many, many years ago to lose weight before I got married. Thankfully, I did not pay for the experience (sponsored through my then-fiance's work in return for doing commercial spots).

I did it just fine. The food wasn't great, but it was inconvenient. It was okay for work, but for social situations? I had to just sit there with a cup of coffee or a diet soda while everyone else ate. We'd go out to the club with friends? (husband was a dj and had friends who dj'ed at clubs... we went a lot). I couldn't drink.

I lost weight, but it was slow.

The real problem came when I reached goal. I had NO idea how to translate what I'd learned to real food. For a while, my appetite stayed okay for smaller portions, but I didn't really learn skills to control them. You were just supposed to catch on by eye to food amounts, I think.

Over the following year, because all the guesswork of knowing exactly how much I was eating was taken out of things for me while I was on the plan, it became all too easy to fool myself with increasingly larger portions, and my weight came right back up. With more on top of it.

I really don't think much of pre-packaged meal plans as a result.

This one seems particularly bad because of the dangerously low calorie content.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What is that?
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What is that?

I think I see some squiggly pasta in there, and some form of what is supposed to pass for shredded meat.

Wanna bet they're calling it bolognese?

• 3bambi3
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What is that?

I think I see some squiggly pasta in there, and some form of what is supposed to pass for shredded meat.

Wanna bet they're calling it bolognese?

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I understand the appeal of pre-packaged diets, but if that's as good as they can make it look for the website, can you imagine what it looks like when it gets to your door?