2»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What is that?

I think I see some squiggly pasta in there, and some form of what is supposed to pass for shredded meat.

Wanna bet they're calling it bolognese?

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I understand the appeal of pre-packaged diets, but if that's as good as they can make it look for the website, can you imagine what it looks like when it gets to your door?

I found one. They do call it bolognese!

20140723-232324-84204557.jpg

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    nope sorry I like the CICO way of losing weight...I don't do "diets" but I am gonna google this...yah no...mine is free (except for my normal grocery bill) and that food looked gross sorry...

My cat eats better looking stuff than this! Lovely food shot from the Exante home page.

uh912ykoefnh.jpg

:s

It looks like it's been.......digested already?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What is that?

I think I see some squiggly pasta in there, and some form of what is supposed to pass for shredded meat.

Wanna bet they're calling it bolognese?

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I understand the appeal of pre-packaged diets, but if that's as good as they can make it look for the website, can you imagine what it looks like when it gets to your door?

I found one. They do call it bolognese!

20140723-232324-84204557.jpg

TrekOhNoes.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    OMG, this is the worst. This is shepherd's pie. Before and after cooking.

cottage-pie.jpg
  • serena90lsb
    serena90lsb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG i've started because my friends want to try it
  • serena90lsb
    serena90lsb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    but.. I've changed my idea XD
    I need to search more about cico plan ^^

thanks all
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    but.. I've changed my idea XD
    I need to search more about cico plan ^^

thanks all

It just means that you eat fewer calories than you burn

Log into MFP and complete the settings it gives you a NEAT target calories based on your weight loss per week goal, activity level, height, age, weight and gender

You eat those ...by weighing and logging

When you exercise you log it and eat back half the calories that MFP gives you

Do it for a month to get used to what kind of portions you can eat and how to stay full by using low calorie veg and proteins etc then focus on your macros and micros more

Do it for a couple of months and you can work out if you can eat back more exercise calories
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

cottage-pie.jpg

That looks absolutely ATROCIOUS! You actually have to pay good money for that? LMAO!

No wonder you lose weight - nobody could actually eat that crap. ;)
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

cottage-pie.jpg

That looks absolutely ATROCIOUS! You actually have to pay good money for that? LMAO!

No wonder you lose weight - nobody could actually eat that crap. ;)

What an apt word to describe it.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I use the Skinnytaste recipe for Shepherd's Pie. It comes out looking like this. I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't look like vomit.

ht3vn9eu4m4g.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    urghle. yeah don't use that Exante thing. Stuff like that just makes you miserable, and then you gain it all back afterwards. Skinnytaste is a good place to find real recipes you can make at home so that what you're doing is sustainable (and not gross).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I posted this link a week or so ago, when a journalist on one of my fav internet news sites tried one of these pre-packaged diets (not Exante). Her experience was horrifying!

http://bit.ly/1dfQOmm
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I use the Skinnytaste recipe for Shepherd's Pie. It comes out looking like this. I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't look like vomit.

ht3vn9eu4m4g.jpg

That Skinnytaste Shepherd's Pie looks great....I just might have to try it. That Exante stuff looked worse than bachelor chow, I can't believe they can actually foist that stuff on people (at horrifying prices no less, I bet).

I should have taken a photo of my dinner, pan seared chicken breast, asparagus, green beans and mashed potatoes, and just 530 cals. Fits in my cals even before my walk today and I can have a snack later thanks to that. I probably won't because I'm actually quite full.

Seriously, maybe we need a thread of photos of people's day's meals and the cals logged. Put that up against fad diet slop.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have rarely been steered wrong by skinnytaste!

I get recipes emailed to me. This was one of the more recent ones. Can't wait it try it!

skinnytaste.com/2015/05/watermelon-caprese-with-balsamic-glaze.html#more
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    OP, Let me share my experience with Nutri-System with you.

I did it many, many years ago to lose weight before I got married. Thankfully, I did not pay for the experience (sponsored through my then-fiance's work in return for doing commercial spots).

I did it just fine. The food wasn't great, but it was inconvenient. It was okay for work, but for social situations? I had to just sit there with a cup of coffee or a diet soda while everyone else ate. We'd go out to the club with friends? (husband was a dj and had friends who dj'ed at clubs... we went a lot). I couldn't drink.

I lost weight, but it was slow.

The real problem came when I reached goal. I had NO idea how to translate what I'd learned to real food. For a while, my appetite stayed okay for smaller portions, but I didn't really learn skills to control them. You were just supposed to catch on by eye to food amounts, I think.

Over the following year, because all the guesswork of knowing exactly how much I was eating was taken out of things for me while I was on the plan, it became all too easy to fool myself with increasingly larger portions, and my weight came right back up. With more on top of it.

I really don't think much of pre-packaged meal plans as a result.

This one seems particularly bad because of the dangerously low calorie content.

I tried Nutri-System years ago, around '04 I think. Just an overall waste of money. The meals were just so-so, and very salty because they were packaged for room-temp storage. Some were tasty, but poor substitutes for the real thing (the pizza-ish thing on a weird 2" wafer comes to mind).

End result, I lost a little weight but nowhere near my target, and just felt guilty for not "making it work". The saving grace was I did it on a discount, so my net spending wasn't that different from buying green-box package lunches at the Publix.