I must be a special snowflake...

Options

Replies

• scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    FYI ladies, when you get older, and TOM doesn't ACTUALLY visit....the idea of the visit lingers. So I get the bloating, the weightgain, the emotional spikes, the chocolate cravings.....but no actual TOM. Bummer.

OMG what?! Well that sucks... One of the few things I was looking forward to.

I'm currently in maintenance; still upping cals to figure out what that means for me, so the week prior I "stall" (I get downright ravenous and tend to go over goal a little) and then see bits of loss during and after.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    FYI ladies, when you get older, and TOM doesn't ACTUALLY visit....the idea of the visit lingers. So I get the bloating, the weightgain, the emotional spikes, the chocolate cravings.....but no actual TOM. Bummer.
    How about the cramps?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    TMI

You must be kidding right? TOM is too much info? You should probably just unplug your router if you can't handle a thread like this.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    How about the cramps?

Massive boob pain. Like pregnancy levels. The shower spray hurt like a mofo. But no cramps.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Well, thanks for bumming me out! ;-)

I lol'd
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options

That stops too. I had, in the past year (about 6 months ago), a two month protracted period of breast tenderness and bloat that led to ... nothing.

Officially menopausal today. One year without TOM.

Happy...is there a name for official menopause day? If not, there needs to be! :smile: Congrats!!

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yep what mamapeach said, no cramps. What I don't appreciate is that its on its own schedule, not even similar to my TOM schedule was when I had periods. I belong to a TOPS club (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and using excuse of its my time....when it happens sometimes more than once a month...they give me this look...but at least they know I am not lying because they have been there...
  • Annr
    Options
    I tell peeps I am "pre-mental-pausal"....they usually take a few steps back....hahahahaha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nope, I lose during and after too. I just gain before.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    jddnw wrote: »
    TMI

Discussing a normal biological function is TMI? I'm so sorry our period talk made you squeamish.

crimsonwave.png

Cher!! Now she says it with style. Best euphemism ever, haha
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I lose 1-2 lbs during TOM. Every time. Then, if I maintain my deficit, I stay there and don't see a scale change until the next month. Rinse and repeat.

Most other women I've seen on MFP have bloating and whatnot during TOM. Anyone else have weightloss?

Hi!

Mmmm... I do have a loss, but it's when the period is good and over. The days before it starts, on the other hand, I have an annoying lower belly bloat and sometimes a scale gain. During I don't even weigh, I tend to feel somewhat blah.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Amerielle wrote: »

That stops too. I had, in the past year (about 6 months ago), a two month protracted period of breast tenderness and bloat that led to ... nothing.

Happy...is there a name for official menopause day? If not, there needs to be! :smile: Congrats!!

Freedom Day? Thanks!

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I lose 1-2 lbs during TOM. Every time. Then, if I maintain my deficit, I stay there and don't see a scale change until the next month. Rinse and repeat.

Most other women I've seen on MFP have bloating and whatnot during TOM. Anyone else have weightloss?

We're all special snowflakes in our special way.

This one's for you, Polly.

k0ydr9nsyy0oaqvp7gkg.png
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Aunt Flo has not shown up since about the summer of 2013, when she decided to visit for an interesting 10 days. Seems she had a lot to say, but then she left, half-appeared a few times, and I have not seen her since September 2013. I hope to never see her again.

I don't have symptoms anymore, but they have been replaced with hot flashes galore. Needless to say, my heating bill was pretty cheap this last winter. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I'm a little over a year and a half. It's heaven....except for the hot flashes.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I'm a little over a year and a half. It's heaven....except for the hot flashes.

I'm over them. Had them for years. I'm cold all the time now.

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes! My best week of the month is during tom. I wake up almost everyday weighing less. And then it comes to an abrupt end and i have to wait until after ovulation for it to slowly resume. TOM hits, whoosh lbs lost everywhere lol!

Circled in red is the daily losses x roughly 1week.

5be4wxaz0zf9.jpg
  • Annr
    Options
    @SLLRunner good riddance to Aunt Flow!!! She can be so bytchy! My husband calls me the human heater, and we haven't had to use the heater for years now. Also having an upstairs apartment with neighbors below that use their heater helps..
    Aw @mamapeach910 you look like a hot mama to me...sportin your trendy glasses and giving us a "you got it, its me" look :-) I want to cut my hair short but I am chicken!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any weight gain via bloat this month. I'm pmsing right now and I still lost, but I lost less than I thought I was going to. So I think I am having bloat but it just isn't enough to mask all the weight loss.