kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????

Would you make the same argument to someone drinking NA beer?

That is a terrible analogy. I mean, not even close to the same thing.

Because you assume everyone who doesn't eat "real" ice cream is doing it by choice, and not medical necessity. That's on you, not the analogy.

What medical condition prohibits you from eating real pasta AND real ice cream? And the person who said they eat shiritaki noodles and arctic zero ice cream has this medical condition? They aren't just choosing low calorie substitutes to aid in weight loss?

I assume the medical necessity you are referring to with the NA beer is alcoholism? I still fail to see a solid connection.

I actually don't take issue with making dietary changes that take some getting used to. Diet soda is probably a good example, I started drinking it 20 years ago and I don't remember if I liked it straight away but I imagine it's a bit of an acquired taste for a lot of people. Now however I can't imagine drinking regular soda because it tastes awful to me. That, I think, is a comparable analogy to what NDJ was asking. Not NA beer which is usually a substitute for those with alcohol dependencies or who can't drink for other reasons. I drank O'Douls when I was pregnant and definitely wasn't something I was planning on keeping up forever.

Diabetes, other assorted allergy and autoimmune issues treated with LC, someone who has multiple issues, such as Celiac + lactose intolerance. That's the market these products cater to, so, yes, it's very short sighted to assume people are just randomly grabbing them for low calories when there are plenty of more "normal" options to try first.

So Delicious, Silk, & Lactaid also have dairy free ice creams. I haven't ever tried Arctic Zero & never plan to from all the horrible reviews I see on here.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I think you should try a pint and decide for yourself! I have tried all their older flavors (my store doesn't carry the newer ones unfortunately) and have been pretty satisfied for the most part. My favorite is Cookies & Cream (or Cookie Shake now), Coffee, then Vanilla Maple; the others don't really do anything for me.
    Is it as indulgent as full-fat ice cream? No, but considering the ingredients it's a good option if you're craving something cold, creamy, and filling (I recommend putting it in the microwave for around 30-45 seconds).
    However, for the taste (and price) I would prefer to just whip up a just as filling protein shake for myself using my own protein powder, as it tastes fairly similar to whey powder (I actually think it's one of the main ingredients).
    Some people hate it, others (like me) kind of enjoy it, but it will never replace ice cream.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    the problem is not the taste - its that you have it and you commit your night to the bathroom…….
  • FrozenNotes
    FrozenNotes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There was a lawsuit regarding the calorie count posted on the cartons. Apparently there are 68% MORE calories in the product that is listed on the carton. You might want to look into it...not sure what the outcome was though...

http://www.law360.com/articles/372279/arctic-zero-hit-with-false-ad-suit-over-calorie-count

I remember that episode of Seinfeld.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Most people here that have no dietary restrictions with dairy could easily fit in a serving of Turkey Hill, Breyers, or Edy's since they have lower cal options that range anywhere from 100-180 depending on flavors. I would rather eat something that has quality than be able to eat something in quantity that tastes like crap.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    dixoncrew wrote: »
    It's disgusting. Seriously gross. I'd rather be chubby then eat it. For real.

That made me lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????

Would you make the same argument to someone drinking NA beer?

That is a terrible analogy. I mean, not even close to the same thing.

Because you assume everyone who doesn't eat "real" ice cream is doing it by choice, and not medical necessity. That's on you, not the analogy.

What medical condition prohibits you from eating real pasta AND real ice cream? And the person who said they eat shiritaki noodles and arctic zero ice cream has this medical condition? They aren't just choosing low calorie substitutes to aid in weight loss?

I assume the medical necessity you are referring to with the NA beer is alcoholism? I still fail to see a solid connection.

I actually don't take issue with making dietary changes that take some getting used to. Diet soda is probably a good example, I started drinking it 20 years ago and I don't remember if I liked it straight away but I imagine it's a bit of an acquired taste for a lot of people. Now however I can't imagine drinking regular soda because it tastes awful to me. That, I think, is a comparable analogy to what NDJ was asking. Not NA beer which is usually a substitute for those with alcohol dependencies or who can't drink for other reasons. I drank O'Douls when I was pregnant and definitely wasn't something I was planning on keeping up forever.

Diabetes, other assorted allergy and autoimmune issues treated with LC, someone who has multiple issues, such as Celiac + lactose intolerance. That's the market these products cater to, so, yes, it's very short sighted to assume people are just randomly grabbing them for low calories when there are plenty of more "normal" options to try first.

I have celiac disease and experience lactose intolerance intermittently after accidental gluten exposure.

There are plenty of vegan ice creams out there based on cashew or coconut milk. I'd have them before I'd have Arctic Zero. Again, it's about mouth feel and fat.

I'd eat sugar free ice cream and have, but I need the fat in something I want as a frozen desert.

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I tried the new cookie dough one and it's trash.
  • peaceloveabby01
    peaceloveabby01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The old Arctic zero basically tastes like frozen water chunks like everyone's saying. However, they just reformulated their 150 calorie pints as well as came out with the 300 calorie line and I absolutely love the new formula. It's so much creamier and smoother and just delicious. My favorite is the Cookie shake. In the old pints this was called cookies and cream and I'll admit was a little gross. But the new formula is called cookie shake and it's amazing.
  • Sparks_wife2013
    Sparks_wife2013 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Some flavors are okay, while others are bland