feeling judged

Options
I hate waking up at 5am to workout. I'm TIRED. I work 11 hour days so I honestly need the sleep. I have drastically changed my diet and have added in workouts and in 2 weeks have lost 8lbs. But, if I keep missing this class the women in the class and the instructor I feel judge me because they're friends/neighbors. I guess my question is, what would you do? I have zero energy at the end of my day to workout and 5am is too early.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you need your sleep then that should take priority i.e quit class and do some home workouts.
    You are unlikely to keep up 4lbs a week. Why be concerned if they judge you or not?
    Exercise is motly for health and its not needed for weight loss, just a deficit is.
  • sastruga99
    sastruga99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about your job, but I would look for an employer who values your health.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    sastruga99 wrote: »
    I don't know anything about your job, but I would look for an employer who values your health.

I wonder what unemployment does for ones health.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I would not give two poops what those women thought of me. Either you want to work out, or you don't. Do your thing.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep can interfere with weight loss and obviously makes you feel tired, bad, sluggish, unwell. Activity should add to your energy, not take away from it. Ditch this class and figure something out that makes sense for you (or just rely on diet changes for now).

Do you work 11 hours 5 days a week, or just some days?

What you could do is add strength training on the weekend to preserve muscle as you lose
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with arditarose, who cares! Do what you want to do.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    People who judge you over a 5am workout are not your friends.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    sastruga99 wrote: »

I wonder what unemployment does for ones health.

Gives me a ton of time to sit around obsessing about food, running, cooking, and wondering if my degree is going to be wasted ;)
  • arditarose
    Options
    OP, My 3 out of my 5 work days are 11 hours including commute time. I know it's hard. I make the effort to go, and if I really really need the break I'll take it and try to make it up on the weekend.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You have to do what suits your lifestyle, or it will all get too hard. I simply will not exercise in the morning, I hate it. It leaves me exhausted and fretful that I have to get up. So I do it at lunch times and in the evenings. If these women judge you, even knowing that you would long hours, then they arent worth your bother.
  • MichelleDeVriend1
    MichelleDeVriend1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Job wise I own my business. Start at 7am and usually am done around 6, sometimes 6:30pm. I have employees but my business is still in the beginning stages and although I make a good income, I cannot simply reduce my hours just yet. So, I kinda like my employer :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Job wise I own my business. Start at 7am and usually am done around 6, sometimes 6:30pm. I have employees but my business is still in the beginning stages and although I make a good income, I cannot simply reduce my hours just yet. So, I kinda like my employer :)

That's awesome! I almost owned my own business, went through a big whole process trying to maintain one and then buy it. I did no working out. 7:30 am to 10:30 pm many days per week.
  • MichelleDeVriend1
    MichelleDeVriend1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ita definitely rewarding to own your business. I make a ton more than I would working for someone else. But, you gotta put the work in...which is what I'm doing. Mentally it leaves me exhausted and I'm just dead at the end of each day. I don't stay up late, usually in bed by 9/9:30pm, wake up by 6:30am. So this 5am feels good until 2pm, then I'm even more tired than I normally would be! I think I'm going to take the suggestion of working out during lunch hour, or I could sneak out at 5pm and get in an hour of workout.

Thanks guys for your input. A friend at the class just texted me "ready for a 5am workout?" And I want to respond NO

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    5 AM workouts are awful. I could never see myself doing that.
  • arditarose
    Options
    5 AM workouts are awful. I could never see myself doing that.

Ditto.

OP, workout when you can. You have a lot on your plate.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Do you work 11 hours days, 5 days a week? Try working out on days off. Otherwise, find some exercises you can do at home, that work with your schedule, so you don't have to get up so early to get to the gym and get to that class.
    As far as being judged, stop worrying about what other people think.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is this another post about mind reading? I love mind reading posts!