Options
    Pair them with your favorite foods
    try new veggies
    use in smoothies
    find recipes that sound good to you or has a high rating
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some veggies I prefer raw. Some I prefer steamed. My new favorite for others is to slice, drizzle with oil and bake in the oven. http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/common-mistakes/article/how-to-roast-vegetables

7j2x2ytmg7bd.jpg
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I used to dislike most veggies. It was due to texture. I discovered that roasting them in the oven with olive oil and salt is amazing. Throw them on a cookie sheet and bake them! Sometimes I'll drizzle balsamic vinegar over them too.

Favs:
    Broccoli
    Carrots
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Beets
    Chickpeas
    Asparagus

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Try using a bit of seasoning like garlic and try cooking them differently to see what you like. I love mine raw and roasted. But not so much steamed. It just depends. Play around with it and see what you like the most.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Hi there. I used to dislike most veggies. It was due to texture. I discovered that roasting them in the oven with olive oil and salt is amazing. Throw them on a cookie sheet and bake them! Sometimes I'll drizzle balsamic vinegar over them too.

Favs:
    Broccoli
    Carrots
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Beets
    Chickpeas
    Asparagus

^This. Roasting vegetables makes them taste amazing.

• mzjoshonda
    mzjoshonda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Omg wow I will Def try it ty so much tytyty :)
  • mzjoshonda
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Try using a bit of seasoning like garlic and try cooking them differently to see what you like. I love mine raw and roasted. But not so much steamed. It just depends. Play around with it and see what you like the most.

Ok I will ty so much I will try tomorrow and post outcome
  • mzjoshonda
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Some veggies I prefer raw. Some I prefer steamed. My new favorite for others is to slice, drizzle with oil and bake in the oven. http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/common-mistakes/article/how-to-roast-vegetables

7j2x2ytmg7bd.jpg

Tyi will try that
  • mzjoshonda
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Pair them with your favorite foods
    try new veggies
    use in smoothies
    find recipes that sound good to you or has a high rating

Good idea and I just bought a new ninja iq also I'm ready to put it to use lol
  • mzjoshonda
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »

Favs:
    Broccoli
    Carrots
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Beets
    Chickpeas
    Asparagus

^This. Roasting vegetables makes them taste amazing.

I will try it and post outcome of it tytyty again
  • javasteve12
    javasteve12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't like them either so I mix them. For lunch in have brown rice, ground turkey, beans, and veggies, then mix it with a Greek yogurt sauce my wife makes. Yes all mixed up. You don't notice the veggies and can eat a bunch because I cover the flavour with a healthy sauce.
  • lissadue
    lissadue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dip! That's how I get my daughter and myself to eat raw ones anyhow. Get plain greek yogurt and stir fresh herbs and/or spices into it, let it sit for an hour or so. Or I make hummus. I also agree roasting is the best! Or if you're making salad, add fruit into it. Like apples, avocado, sunflower seeds with lettuce. Or Blueberries with cucumbers. I actually did avocado, dried unsweetened coconut and pineapple with green lettuce once. It was actually fabulous with a honey balsamic dressing. I like veggies though so I'm just weird. Also add some to every meal makes it so you don't have to eat a whole pile all at dinner :)
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mzjoshonda wrote: »
    Hate veggies how can I cook them and to like them and eat more often
    I eat a pound of veggies daily!
    Stir fry: Cut up onion, kale or swiss chard, sliced mushrooms, yam, cilantro
    Place in a cast iron pan with coconut oil or ghee. Add salt.
    Cover pan for a few minutes to soften the greens (especially kale), then uncover and stir fry until the greens are crispy/chewy, and add in some sliced garlic, if you like, to the bottom of the pan and cook those a bit, too. Serve with fish or eggs or whatever protein you like.

A chopped salad of radish, tomato, cauliflower, onion, chopped beef, green salsa, avocado.

Cream of Veggie soup: Steam cauliflower and broccoli until tender, puree with a small handful of raw pumpkin seeds, a teaspoon of ghee, garlic and onion powder, salt/pepper.

• mzjoshonda
    Options
    True but it's not many I like no I love cabbage, okra, and broccoli that's it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    mzjoshonda wrote: »
    True but it's not many I like no I love cabbage, okra, and broccoli that's it

so eat that...

my primary veg are greens, broccoli, and carrots...you don't have to have piles of elaborate veggies to be healthy. Eat the veggies you like...do some experimentation with different ones and different methods of cooking.
  • sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just to name a few things you could do,
    Smoothies
    Mix them into healthy foods you enjoy
    Seasoning
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    good job, msjoshonda! your open mind will serve you well.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    sgirl2009 wrote: »
    Just to name a few things you could do,
    Smoothies
    Mix them into healthy foods you enjoy
    Seasoning

Yep - add vegetables into your burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, stew, curry, soups, chili, casseroles, etc. Just chop them and mix them right in.
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with others here.

With Brussels Sprouts: cut em' in half, toss them in some olive olive, spice em' up -- and throw them in the oven with some onions and garlic on 350. The loose pieces will get all crispy like chips -- and the second you pull it out of the oven, sprinkle feta cheese over top.