90 Day Challenge. Start May 26 ends August 26.

Options

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ChesKrieg wrote: »
    OP, define "junk".

I consider asparagus junk because it tastes terrible.

Sorry, 1200 calories is too low for me. I eat 1700 on the days I DONT work out, more in the ones I do.

Really? Why do so many people need to be so snarky on these forums? Everyone knows the general idea of what 'junk' is pertains to chips, candy, junk food.

I consider that far from snarky. It's an honest question. Foods should not be given labels as "junk", as all food is perfectly fine in moderation.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I don't qualify for any of this. I'm very active, so my calories are at 1,990. And I snack on fruits and veggies all day. Like, I eat every two hours. However, I'm not attempting to lose weight either. I like challenges, but more in the athletic department.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OP, define "junk".

Sorry, 1200 calories is too low for me. I eat 1700 on the days I DONT work out, more in the ones I do.

Really? Why do so many people need to be so snarky on these forums? Everyone knows the general idea of what 'junk' is pertains to chips, candy, junk food.

Nope, I don't consider any foods 'junk' or 'good' or 'bad'. Chips and candy are part of the reason why I've been so successful with my weight loss and maintenance :)
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Everyone, if you are not comfortable with joining, it's ok. I done this before and it worked for me! Please do not join if it's not for you. I gain easily so I know what's best for me, and it's not bulge. I am here to help and to succeed even if I do this one on my own:) I am not giving in this time!

It did not if you are doing it again. Instead of attempting 90 days of monastic living why don't attempt to change you eating/shopping habits gradually whilst still allowing yourself treats and staying under a healthy calorie intake.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    glortard wrote: »
    Everyone, if you are not comfortable with joining, it's ok. I done this before and it worked for me! Please do not join if it's not for you. I gain easily so I know what's best for me, and it's not bulge. I am here to help and to succeed even if I do this one on my own:) I am not giving in this time!

It did not if you are doing it again. Instead of attempting 90 days of monastic living why don't attempt to change you eating/shopping habits gradually whilst still allowing yourself treats and staying under a healthy calorie intake.

+1

I would not call my previous weight loss attempts a success or say they worked just because I reached my goal before. I was not able to maintain previously because of how restrictive I was. This is a lifestyle change, as many say on here, and I truly believe that the only way I will successfully lose this weight is if I still allow myself the foods I enjoy, but in realistic portions and while remaining in a deficit. Sure, the weight loss is a little slower, but I know I can stick to tho change.

What is your plan after the three months?
  • jasminegipson71
    jasminegipson71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will join you on this challenge starting tommorow
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jasmine.

As I said before this is for those who can snd want yo join.

Chub, I plan to continue with the challenge but as a lifestyle. I will lose this bulge, no doubt. I have faith.
  • randomgirl75
    randomgirl75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wanna do this w u. Pls add me
  • amyfromhawaii
    amyfromhawaii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been a slacker all year. I definitely need some accountability!
  • sperkins68
    sperkins68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why ppl are being so mean, she obviously wants to be healthy not just lose weight.
  • anabelpalomo
    anabelpalomo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would love to join and be a part of this challenge.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    sperkins68 wrote: »
    I don't understand why ppl are being so mean, she obviously wants to be healthy not just lose weight.

It's because on these boards everyone acts like they're better and a know-it-all.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OP, define "junk".

Agreed, posts like this have no place on the forums.

1,300 calories for some women is not that low. Why bash someone who wants to eat and be healthy? Come on people...
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is wrong. You shouldn't be depriving yourself with that many calories nor food. You need to eat more then 3 times a day to lose weight and it doesn't matter what you eat at all even fast food.. Just gotta look it up before you eat it and go with the calories in your diary! Sorry just my opinion. This is a wrong way to lose weight!
    Pooshka2 wrote: »
    Looking for friends to do this. 1200 -1300 calories per day journey with. Eating 3 meals a day. No junk. No snacking between meals. No Fast Food. Exercise! Lots water. Lots of No's, but that will save us! Join me!!!!

How about: Stay within calorie goals; well balanced meals and healthy snacks between meals, occasional fast food and junk food allowed as they fit into calorie limits; exercise; lots of water.

There are no No's.

This just makes people sound ignorant and uneducated of people that are different from them.

While eating sweets, fried foods, chips etc. in moderation works for some, it doesn't work for all.

Everyone has different mental chemistries and ways of doing things that work for them, we need to stop bashing people because they don't do things the exact same way as us.

Good for you OP!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to do this--will I succeed? I don't know, but willing to give it a try !!
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Really, I can handle the mean remarks. Regardless, I am taking care of me. I used to let people make me feel bad about what I was doing, I would quit. I am not gonna quit nor feel bad about this challenge. If I can help one person then thank God.
  • baby05phat
    baby05phat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will join!!! But starting tomorrow....I just ordered pizza :'(
  • baby05phat
    baby05phat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jewellz ignore all those rude people. They are stuck on their ways and they think they can force/bully people into doing exactly what they do. Sometimes being short 1200 cal is plenty for weightloss & as long as you cover all nutrients I see no problem
    Really, I can handle the mean remarks. Regardless, I am taking care of me. I used to let people make me feel bad about what I was doing, I would quit. I am not gonna quit nor feel bad about this challenge. If I can help one person then thank God.

• 2009jewellz
    Options
    Looking for friends to do this. 1200 -1300 calories per day journey with. Eating 3 meals a day. No junk. No snacking between meals. No Fast Food. Exercise! Lots water. Lots of No's, but that will save us! Join me!!!!

• 2009jewellz
    Options
    Thank you, baby05. I will see you over in the group! I smell victory.