Need an alternative to Slim Fast for breakfast drink

Options
mls918
mls918 Posts: 2 Member
I've done good with my calories so far, however this stupid Slim Fast for breakfast is killing my sugar intake. Every day I go over on sugar, and when I started looking at my diary, I'm realizing it's because my daily Slim Fast for breakfast has 19 g of sugar!! That's over 1/2 my goal each day!!! Everything else I eat during the day is relatively low sugar, so this is where I've gone so wrong... I really need to be able to have a fast breakfast drink, becuase I really can't eat until I'm at work, and then it's while I"m on the phone, computer, etc. Are there any lower-sugar alternatives, that are grab & go?

Replies

• ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    make your own shakes. you can make them in bulk and freeze them in ziploc bags so they're ready to party whenever you are.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There are alot of protein powder mixes with zero sugar. Depending on the powder flavor you can mix it up with low fat milk or diet juice drinks.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    make your own shakes. you can make them in bulk and freeze them in ziploc bags so they're ready to party whenever you are.

Good idea! Can you share a recipe/link for something that freezes well? :drinker:
  • SiobhanF2773
    Options
    Atkin's Advantage shakes have only 1g of sugar and taste REALLY good...
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    I've done good with my calories so far, however this stupid Slim Fast for breakfast is killing my sugar intake. Every day I go over on sugar, and when I started looking at my diary, I'm realizing it's because my daily Slim Fast for breakfast has 19 g of sugar!! That's over 1/2 my goal each day!!! Everything else I eat during the day is relatively low sugar, so this is where I've gone so wrong... I really need to be able to have a fast breakfast drink, becuase I really can't eat until I'm at work, and then it's while I"m on the phone, computer, etc. Are there any lower-sugar alternatives, that are grab & go?

Precook meals the night before like chicken that takes 2mins in the microwave to heat up toss some cheese on there and boil some eggs then you are good to go no more sugars for break fast and all that is high in protien.
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what their sugar content is, but Superdrug do their own version of Slimfast shakes and they are much cheaper :o)
    Other shops or supermarkets probably do their own version too.
  • jennpotts
    jennpotts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i really watch my sugar too.. Try ATKINS shakes or EAS low carb shakes.. Both of them are low sugar/carb. I do not do the ATKINS diet.. i just like the shakes for breakfast.