2 Stone 6 Pounds Down... Half way mark - photos so far!

So I wasn't going to share my photos till I got to my goal but I thought I could try and inspire some people. I have always been the chubby kid and the fat girl out of my group of friends and this year I felt it was time for me to change and feel good about myself.

I have always been around the size UK 14 mark which I know isn't huge but my belly looked pregnant most of the time and I have never been able to wear tight clothes or dresses. While me and my friends got ready for a night out I was the one putting on a baggy dress to cover my belly fat. I also lost weight around 3 years ago as I went in for a breast enlargement due to one of my boobs being a totally different size to the other. But since then I have piled on the weight and went to a size 16/18 in 2014.

The 1st of January came along this year 2015 and I decided that was the day I changed my life forever. I have now lost a total of 34 Pounds and I am half way to my goal weight. I was 14 Stone 3 Pounds and I now weigh 11 Stone 10 Pounds. By Christmas this year I plan to get down to a UK size 10 and be 10 Stone.

I am very determined and I KNOW I can do it... as it has only been 3 and a half months and I have lost as much as I have I am 99% sure I can do it!

Diet and exercise is key. I use the gym 4-5 days a week and I work hard. I eat very healthy and avoid eating to many carbs.

You are welcome to add me if you can give me advice or just want to see me reach my goal :-)

Replies

• nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    wow, what a difference! you look great :) well done x
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Looking really pretty. Congrats !
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Thats great!congrats!
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    You look fab!!! Well done :D
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Thanks everyone x
  • rawk_fairy_666
    rawk_fairy_666 Posts: 103 Member
    you look fantastic!! what a change!! keep going, you are doing so well!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Great job!! Keep it up, you're doing SO great - what a change already!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Hit my 2 and a half stone mark this week. I plan to lose another stone by the 17th of June need to get this bikini body!!
  • tintinsaab
    tintinsaab Posts: 18 Member
    Well done. The results are clear to see - you look great in the seconds pics. I would like to lose about 3 stone, but I am feeling a bit outfaced at the figure of 40+lbs so I am just going to aim for 7lbs at a time. You must be really starting to feel the health benefits now.
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Congratulations!!! this is great!!! Keep it up and keep it going!!!XOX Tina
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    HOLY GUACAMOLE! You look amazing girl! Way to go! I think it's awesome that you are doing this for yourself. You deserve good things! I know you get can to your goal.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Thanks ao much guys. MFP members are all so inspiring its definatly helped being on this app :-).
    Aimong for a 2 pound loss this week. I WILL HAVE A FLAT STOMACH LOL :-) xx
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    You are doing brilliantly lass! Your starting was the same as I am now, after 20lbs loss over a looooong time, so it's great to see the next stage in aiming for :-)
  • 74Brian74
    74Brian74 Posts: 17 Member
    Well done! Looking fab!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    :-) xx
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Congrats!! Looking really good! What a difference! I can see especially around the face, which is great! Thank you for the inspiration! :)
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Lost a total of 2 stone 9 pounds now :-)
    I cant wait to hit my 3 stone mark xx
  • rachmawatyyulia
    rachmawatyyulia Posts: 38 Member
    hi @kellygibbo848 congratulation for the progress!!!!
    what kind of workouts that you regularly do?
    how about calories intake? do you limit it also?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    It's made so much difference - you look great. It's always nice to see stones and lbs too . Tell us more about what you've been doing. have you done any exercises specifically that have helped your belly flatten, or was it all weight loss?
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Absolutely terrific! And I second what the others say... Tell us about your strategy please.
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Thats amazing. You look great!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    So I do go to the gym at least 4 days a week, I do weight sessions and cardio. Interval training is what Im doing a lot of at the moment as its good for reducing belly fat :-). Interval training is 1 minute run 1 minute walk 1 minute run 1 minute walk. The run needs to be fast though so you are pushing yourself for the whole minute. Then on the bike 2 minute slow 2 minute extreme fast pace. I do each of these for 15-20 minutes and I sweat like mad. You can do it on the rower and elliptical trainer etc.
    I do a good ab session of around 20 minutes, leg raises, planks, crunches, ball twists etc.
    I eat very clean, salmon, Broccoli, chicken, almonds, fruit, fage greek yougurts, blueberries, rice, protein shakes from myprotein.com etc.
    I started new years day its been hard but its worth it I go away in June and plan to of lost at least 3 stone xx
  • ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    You look amazing!! How tall are you?
  • morales2465
    morales2465 Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations you look great. I just started this and I am so motivated. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It definitely helps motivate me.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    WOW!! Amazing job!!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Great result. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps! I started with the same weight as you approx 92 kilos/size UK16. 5 months later I weigh 84 kilos and have a size UK14. I'm not doing as much exercise because I don't have the energy. I'll send you a friend request.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Hello again everyone, I hit my 3 stone weight loss goal last week. I go to Mexico in 23 days and plan on losing at least another 4 pounds. I need to put new photos on as these are a few months old now.
    I am now 11 stone 3 pounds :-)
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Brilliant progress, enjoy your hols. I am at 13st 7 now having lost 38 pounds and on my way to 10 flat. Can't wait to see 11 something!!
  • Tezzi_B
    Tezzi_B Posts: 41 Member
    Well done you... you're gonna rock those bikinis on holiday... keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!