Have been dieting for two months and not losing anymore weight

Options
I've been on a very strict diet for nearly two months. I lost 6 kg and now I'm not losing weight anymore even though I'm not eating much at all.
Can somebody tell me why? I'm going crazy

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked to see if your diary is open but what's your daily calorie goal? Are you using a food scale to weigh everything you consume? Are you logging those foods accurately?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by 'not eating much at all'? You sure? Are you weighing and logging all your food and drink? Trust me, there are times when it may not feel like you are eating much, but once you honestly log all the calories it can be rather surprising.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You have lost 6 kg in two months or you lost 6 kg and haven't lost anything in the past two months? Nobody can tell you why without more information, how tall are you, what's your current weight, what's your goal, how many calories are you eating a day, are you weighing your food?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 7 lbs to go and in your picture you look thin already. You're obviously already in your healthy weight range. Those last few pounds can take a long time to come off.

If you want more detailed assistance from people, open your diary so we can see what you're eating, how you're logging, etc.
  • cathie22la
    cathie22la Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I understand completely. I am experiencing the same phenomenon. It is very frustrating to set a calorie goal/exercise routine and stick to it so well for so long, experience consistent decrease in weight and then changing nothing, everything stops. It is called "plateauing". Check out this link from the Mayo Clinic. It offers us both insights and suggestions: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615
  • martinazanaria
    martinazanaria Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm sorry: I'm 1.60m tall and I currently weigh 52.2kg. Two months ago I weighed more or less 58.
    Breakfast: coffee, 1 biscuit maximum
    Lunch: fruit or salad(with tomatoes, tuna and mozzarella)
    Snack: an apple, strawberries or 60g of fruit ice cream
    Dinner: could be salad with tomatoes, chicken and onion; or 70g of pasta; or vegetables and fruit
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok I'm sorry: I'm 1.60m tall and I currently weigh 52.2kg. Two months ago I weighed more or less 58.
    Breakfast: coffee, 1 biscuit maximum
    Lunch: fruit or salad(with tomatoes, tuna and mozzarella)
    Snack: an apple, strawberries or 60g of fruit ice cream
    Dinner: could be salad with tomatoes, chicken and onion; or 70g of pasta; or vegetables and fruit

OP you're being vague.

How many calories are you eating daily, are you eating back your calories from exercise?

You're already at a 20.3 BMI, which is in the healthy range and it is starting to tilt towards the the end of the healthy weight spectrum.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1) log your food and eat a reasonably amount
    2) weight loss isn't linear. If you've lost 6 kilos in 2 months, it's a lot, but you won't lose every week.
  • martinazanaria
    Options
    So I have this app since 4 days ago, so I can't really give that much details
    In the last four days I ate maximum 600 calories and always burnt at least 300 with exercise
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    In the last four days I ate maximum 600 calories and always burnt at least 300 with exercise

Why download the app then completely disregard what it tells you by eating only 600 calories? That is NOT healthy and very much NOT what this app is for. You should be netting a minimum of 1200 a day (that's after subtracting exercise calories).

Count everything you eat accurately (so that's weighing everything you can with a food scale) and eat to your calorie goal (so not 600 a day) and you'll be fine.
  • martinazanaria
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

You are already thin and now you're starving yourself, you need to seek help.

I'm not starving I swear. I got used to it
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly low and not only unhealthy, but unnecessary. You should be eating more, not because it will help you lose more weight, but because your body needs fuel.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

OP, I highly recommend you STOP.

Yes you are. If you're oblivious to this fact or are trying to deny it, something isn't right.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

If you seriously can't see why what you're doing is a bad idea you need to get help.
  • martinazanaria
    Options
    Well yes I actually know I'm not eating enough, but since I'm not losing weight anymore I don't know what to do
  • cathie22la
    cathie22la Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Martina, 600 calories a day is way too low. As others have stated, you are in starvation mode. Please read that link above from Mayo Clinic. 1200 is the magic number not to go below. Please rethink your strategy and think long term. The point is to loose weight and do so healthfully for a long and healthy life.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

That doesn't matter. you're not getting enough food. Eventually you'll stop getting your period and your hair will fall out. They're right. You need to stop, and get help if you can't.
  • martinazanaria
    Options
    Well yes I actually know I'm not eating enough, but since I'm not losing weight anymore I don't know what to do