Not losing any weight

I started my weight loss journey 10 days ago with consistent exercise and healthy eating but I haven't lost any weight yet. Getting very frustrated. Any advice?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    How many calories are you eating? How did you get that number? Do you weigh and measure your food?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    It's only been ten days. Be patient and make sure you log everything accurately. While many people lose quick in the first weeks, I gained two pounds in my first two weeks, and then it started coming off.
  • allieruggiero26
    allieruggiero26 Posts: 4 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating? How did you get that number? Do you weigh and measure your food?

I am eating 1220 because that's what my fitness pal came out to be after I entered how much weight I want to lose. And yes I measure the exact serving size for everything I eat.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    First, 10 days isn’t that long. Second, a food scale is highly recommended for every solid to ensure accuracy. Cup measurements are not accurate.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I am eating 1220 because that's what my fitness pal came out to be after I entered how much weight I want to lose. And yes I measure the exact serving size for everything I eat.

Do you measure, or do you weigh on a scale? There's a big difference between using measuring cups/spoons and actually weighing on a scale.

Is working out new for you? Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    10 days just isn't long enough to tell. Weigh yourself every morning after using the bathroom for about a month, look at the trend in your weigh; bonus points if you do a least square fit to the data. Once you know the trend, you can adjust your calories and exercise to get your desired results. You need to do it this way because the equations online are not representative of everyone, and there will be some error.
  • ChristianRW
    ChristianRW Posts: 10 Member
    1. Get a scale, weigh ALL your food intake. inclu softdrinks. Only thing that's goes in without scaling it is water.
    2. Log food for 4 weeks.
    3. Step on your human scale once a week.
    I use monday morning after i've done my toilet business. Make sure you do it the same day, in the morning and
    only at that time each week. This way you eliminate fluctuations in your weight as much as possible.
    4. See results guarenteed.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    3. Step on your human scale once a week.

I like to imagine that this is a person you keep chained to your bath, and once a week you step on him and he either says 'ooh, you're feeling lighter than last time' or 'oof, you've put on weight, get off me!'
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    1220 isn't enough for most people. Yes we all would like to lose 2lbs a week, but in reality this is just not possible (again for most people). You may lose water weight initially, but then it will slow down. I would recommend finding out your TDEE -20% (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/). You will probably get a higher number than what you are currently using, but trust me it does work to eat more and still lose.
    Also I agree about the food scale. Measuring cups and spoons are typically inaccurate (there is a YouTube video about this but I couldn't find the link...eye opening for anyone who watches their portions).
    10 days is not enough. What ever number you decide to go with for your calorie goal stick with it 100% for at least 4 weeks and if no change then ask for advice.
    Hope this helps!
  • allieruggiero26
    allieruggiero26 Posts: 4 Member
    How much do food scales cost? I am just measuring right now with cups/table spoons
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    How much do food scales cost? I am just measuring right now with cups/table spoons

Around £20/$20 I'm pretty sure.
  • cathipa
    edited May 2015
    Search amazon for food scale
  • 3bambi3

Mine was $10 on Amazon. Here's a great video explaining the difference:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • cathipa
    ^^This was the video! thanks for posting!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Give it more time.

10 days is such a small amount of time, you can't really go by that. Give it 4-6 weeks, and if after that time you still haven't lost then begin questioning things.