How much can ya deadlift?

Options

Replies

• CoachSwish
    CoachSwish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was able to DL 525 in a recent comp I was in! :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7NnP363xw4
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    csman49 wrote: »
    i deadlifted a Boeing 757 just this morning.

Big deal, talk to me when you can overhead press it.

I tried, but the cleaning crew were onboard and added just a touch too much for me :(
    I'll try again when the fuel load is light

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    1x5 @ 235lbs yesterday. Baby weight but I've been lifting for less than 2 months... I'm excited to see what I can lift after 6-8 months. Need to focus on form a bit more though... :/
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    1x5 at 195#

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Enough to challenge me.
  • bulkybass
    bulkybass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    200 max @ 145 female.

Question: I've started ripping my calluses off (gross) during the lift, and my gym doesn't allow chalk or anything like that. Will gloves negatively affect my grip?

Well It won't make your grip any better. I used to use gloves and I would still get calluses so I just stopped using them altogether.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, they are an accessory/assistance lift in my programming so they're usually done with moderate weight...haven't done a 1 RM in a very long time.
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    4x150lbs - 1.25x my body weight. Still fairly new to lifting but I'm getting there, slowly but surely! My favourite lift.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm doing 3x10 of 145. It's not that much, but considering I'm only 5 ft, and 8 months pregnant and still handling it easily, I think that's pretty good. ;) I look forward to my postpartum all-clear so I can up the weights and really challenge myself!
  • Koma_Zd
    Koma_Zd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bout 200kg+, but its skyrocketing off of 2 sets of 6 per week, and Im cutting on <2000kcal haha
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    255lb for 5 and working...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just started... I'm at 165lbs x 8reps. BW is 170.
  • adam_hodgson
    adam_hodgson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My 1 rep max is 150kg (330lbs) at 3 sets! I weigh 82.5kg trying to improve but it's hard work deadlifting
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    200 max @ 145 female.

Question: I've started ripping my calluses off (gross) during the lift, and my gym doesn't allow chalk or anything like that. Will gloves negatively affect my grip?

Gloves probably won't help, but straps/hooks will. Also make sure you are using a low hand grip:
    http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    250x1 on trap bar
    180 x 5 on straight bar
    I've been training for about 8-9 months. I prefer the trap bar because its easier to grip. My straight bar deadlifts aren't as strong because of this.

cw: 220lbs
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    200 max @ 145 female.

Try liquid chalk? I found that gloves and heavy deadlifts never really mixed. If anything I felt it was worse with gloves. I tried a couple different kinds of gloves too.
  • leprosky
    leprosky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    5 reps at 205. 189 lbs, female, lifting for 3 months.

Any tips on improving grip strength? I feel like I could pull more but I feel like the bar is slipping outta my hands. Already using a mixed grip for work sets.

Chalk will help you once you start to struggle.

Another thing you can do is work on your grip strength separately. You can try just hanging from a pull up bar as long as possible. Or you can try lifting a barbell with weight on it (one comfortable for you back) and holding it as long as possible.

Also you can use wrist straps to help you pull more. Less emphasis on grip and allows you to pull what the body allows. However I would only recommend doing this when you really have to. As you don't want to forget about developing grip strength!

Hope that helps a bit!
  • leprosky
    leprosky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    200 max @ 145 female.

Liquid chalk maybe? It's less messy, although not as effective as normal sports chalk.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I tested my 1RM on 03/28/2015, got 440 lbs (150.8 kg). It wasn't pretty and I failed on my first attempt, but I immediately went back and got it. I will be testing all maxes at the end of June, hoping for 500 lbs pull.

Also, pulled 4 four plates sumo after all my worksets for the heck of it a couple of weeks ago - no longer training sumo since I will be testing just regular deadlift in a few weeks.