Where to start?

Options
sexymom04
sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
I've decided that it's time to get healthy, fit, lean and toned. I know the diet is a big part but where do I start?

Replies

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you dont already own one, purchase a food scale, and start tracking your intake for a couple weeks. See how much you are actually taking in, and record it here.

Pick an activity you enjoy, and start setting aside 30 mins 3x a week to do it. Walking, jogging, playing tennis, roller skating ... doesnt matter.

To get lean ( lose weight ) you have to eat at a caloric deficit. This app will help you calculate that.

To get toned, you actually have to work the muscle groups in question. This can be accomplished with weight lifting, body weight exercises, resistance bands, etc. A quick google search can find dozens of beginner exercise routines of various types. Pick something that looks interesting, and try it out.

As far as nutrition ( healthy/clean/etc ), a google search or a walk down the appropriate isle in a book store will provide many options/alternatives. Again, pick something you can stick to ... wont do any good if you stop after a month.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Start by logging everything you put in your mouth. Invest in a food scale, learn to use the recipe builder. Once you've done some logging for a while start to look where you need to adjust.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Log everything you eat, make healthier choices (not necessary a lot at once), and find an activity you enjoy and do it.
    Karen
  • chgries573
    chgries573 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! Supprt supprt support!!!!
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Got a scale and measuring everything. Trying to eat healthy, doing ok I think :)
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    I've decided that it's time to get healthy, fit, lean and toned. I know the diet is a big part but where do I start?

Download myfitnesspal, set your goal, stay under budget, join a gym, and begin logging and eatting better RIGHT NOW. Don't wait until tomorrow or next week. I believe starting right away is what got me focused. I've lost 56 lbs in less than a year, good luck!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Look up the guide into sexy pants on here. Unless someone can post the link in this thread.