50lbs down, halfway there! 5'9", 265lbs to start. Pics!

Options
ChandalNicole
ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
I've been working hard since January of this year to better myself and it's definitely paying off!

I was at my heaviest for almost a year, holding at a steady 265lbs. I was miserable. I didn't like looking at myself, I hated getting dressed, my knees were always hurting. Diabetes runs bad in my family, as well (grandparents, mom, uncle). Everything combined finally gave me the kick in the rear that I needed. I've made small changes in my daily life to make it maintainable once I reach my goals. I find alternatives to the foods I love so I never feel like I'm missing out, I jog often (3 or more times a week) and I do other exercises that fit my mood for the day; Zumba, mixed martial arts, Pilates, etc. I participated in a marathon relay 2 weeks ago and it felt awesome! I was dead last for my portion but I made it lol. I'm not exactly where I want to be yet but I'm well on my way!

dyxt2pqqc86f.jpg
ce4cywlhhen7.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!