Worst time to weigh yourself

Options
What is the worst time of the day and month to weigh yourself?

Replies

• catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Worst time of the day is probably anytime after breakfast. Worst time of the month would depend on whether or not u tend to retain water that time of the month.
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Yeah anytime after breakfast isn't good, especially JUST after eating
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think Mondays are hazardous if you eat out on weekends. Sodium kills you!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would think the worst time would be right before bed, after you have already eaten and drank everything you are going to for the day, but I could be wrong...

...I never touch the scale after first thing in the morning, before I eat or drink anything.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I think it's at night or anytime after you eat for that matter.

I find my weight is lower (more accurate) about a hour after I wake up, before I eat breakfast and with a empty bladder.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I think the best time to weigh is first thing in the morning though.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The evening before I come on would be mine. I vary by about 8 lbs throughout the month, and 4 lbs throughout the day.
  • purpl3sox
    purpl3sox Posts: 38
    Options
    Best time to weigh is first thing in the morning, before eating or doing anything else. Pick one day a week and weight at the same time and on the same day once a week. Also Mondays I think are good because they let you know what you did over the weekend that you have to make up for during the week. But thats just me, some people might find the uptick in weight on Monday a discouraging thing.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, when I wake up, because if I weigh myself later, the food and water adds a few extra pounds, and I've found it can fluctuate up to three pounds in a day as a result.

I don't gain any extra weight during or before my period, so I don't know about the worst time of the month.. I suppose it depends on your body.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Bad after you eat or drink anything So wake go potty,and be nakey and then weigh yourself
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was told that in the morning, after your bladder is empty and naked would be my most accurate. I mean makes sense to me! LOL
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For women...don't weigh yourself when you PMS or are having that time of the month!!!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    after your childs birthday party................... UGH LOL

no seriously, worst time to weigh in..... before bed! My so weighs himself BEFORE bed, after all day of eating/drinking whatever...and whines "ugh I'm up 4lbs"..well duh dufus.... I tell you to weigh first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom,and before you INTAKE anything into your system... he just wont listen. :yawn: (yawning)
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would say the worst time is in the evening. I always weight Monday mornings.
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself right when I get out of bed. I never weigh myself before going to bed.. Hope this helps
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    I made the mistake of weighing myself RIGHT after a HUGE dinner, (that i drank 4 HUGE glasses of water at) While I was on TOM, and horribly sunburnt. (you retain alot of water to help heal your skin) I was up more than 6lbs!

:noway: Never again.
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    I weigh myself every day as soon as I wake up after my morning meating with the porcelain throne. I only record my weight once a week though. Hoever, I like knowing how much I fluxuate between days because some days I feel like drinking 64 oz of water is over-hydrating and some days I feel like it's under-hydrating... I've also noticed on days that I eat foods that make me more gassy that I seem to retain about a pound and a half more weight than on days I don't... I know it's no comparison, but it could be slightly similar to that Time of the Month for you gals...
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    AT BEDTIME AFTER YOU have eaten all day.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Haha I usually weigh myself in the morning after I've worked out...
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The first and second days of a visit from Flo, are bad weigh in days for me. I usually weigh myself every morning first thing. I know this is a personal choice, but if I am up even an ounce, I am more inclined to be more careful throughout the day. With that being said, I am always up a bit on the first and second day of that time of the month.

Hope this helps.

Michelle