Motivate me!

Options
Northernlight03
Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
im back in my zone of exercise and my diet but I need people who can motivate me!!! Help...I need tips on running on best foods to eat and what to tell my self to keep me going, what works to keep you motivated?. Iv lost 2 stone and I don't want to stop now!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only person who cares should start and end with you. Learn to motivate yourself becayse you are the #1 beneficiary and you are the person who has to put in the effort, other people dont do the diet for you.

Understand what it is you are doing and why, what are the things pushing you to lose weight and what are the advantages of having lost it? Are they importnat enough for you to want to do what it takes to lose weight? You are half way, it will take you roughly 6 months to finish off or get much closer, reak it down so you take it one day/week/month at a time. be encourages by your progress thus far and just focus on keeping up your routines and the next 1lb. Everything else will look after itself. If you dont wnat to stop now, then errm dont. Good luck.
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    If I couldn't motivate my self then I wouldn't of lost 2 stone but sometimes you have trip ups a little motivation from someone who is in the same boat can spur you on!
  • Lakehead16
    Lakehead16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    However, having people around who are working on similar goals is always extremely beneficial! Good luck!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Best foods to eat, foods that give you good value for your calories i.e you like, are nutritious and fill you up. Dont restrict, but moderate.

Things to tell yourself is simply reminding yourself why you are doing it and that if you rinse and repeat you will get there. keep it simple.

Its a journey so dont be put off by one day.

Make a list of your achievements and progress, remind yourself of that.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Only you can truly motivate yourself. But if you are needing an extra push to help find it, look at the success board here or http://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics Those places always helps me fiind my motivation
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    im back in my zone of exercise and my diet but I need people who can motivate me!!! Help...I need tips on running on best foods to eat and what to tell my self to keep me going, what works to keep you motivated?. Iv lost 2 stone and I don't want to stop now!

Great job!

I am short and close to goal weight, so my calorie allotment is small and kind of sad :) So I try to eat food that has a lot of fiber and protein, so that I get to eat more volume for less calories. I also like the challenge of increasing my daily allotment through exercise. Without any activity, I get only 1250. I ideally want to eat 1400-1500, so that motivates me to MOVE more each day. Last night I was 15 calories over budget. Not a big deal at all, but I like the challenge, so it inspired me to walk for 5 minutes before I went to bed to earn back those calories.
  • cfpcyclist
    cfpcyclist Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help. Send me a friend request and I'll work hard to keep you motivated.