Anazing Coffee Protein Shake

Options
erickavalos96
erickavalos96 Posts: 47 Member
Very simple takes 1 Minute

. 1 1/2 cups of unsweetend vanilla almond milk (only 45 calories)

. 1 Scoop of a Vanilla Protein Shake

. 1/2 a tablespoon of peanut butter

. 1 Teaspoon of coffee

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of coffee? Is this brewed? Or are you talking about instant coffee grounds...?
  • erickavalos96
    Options
    Instant coffee
  • shlygraham
    shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this with regular milk?
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's how I make my shakes, but I use chocolate protein powder, and chocolate pb2. Nom nom.
  • erickavalos96
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Taste great with regular milk! I just perfer almond milk cause the milk in the supermarkets are horrible for you!
    @shlygraham
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    But the "milk" from almonds takes gallons and gallons of California water to make!
  • erickavalos96
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah I like using chocolate protein powders with this too but I perfer that vanilla/coffee taste a bit more.
    Never tried with a chocolate pb!
    You must loveee chocolate @knt217
  • erickavalos96
    Options
    trying to make me feel guilty huh lol
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Only a little. My grandmother drank supermarket milk for 96 years.
  • erickavalos96
    Options
    Yeah but back in the day milk was 10c better then the crap they serve us now,
    If you do a little google search "truth about milk" you will see why @SherryTeach
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Everything you read on the Internet isn't true. As for legitimate information, I know the FDA is not perfect, but I tend to believe the scientific research.
  • erickavalos96
    Options
    @SherryTeach
    I totally agree that not everything in the internet is true but if you do your own research and time and learn to think for yourself you can seperate whats true from whats not
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    The FDA has tested 40,000 samples of milk ready to go on the market this past year and has not found any that tested positive for residue of antibiotics or hormones. I am a teacher and spend quite a lot of time teaching students how to evaluate sources, understand bias, and identify scientific claims. Now as for that water in California. . . better find a new location for growing almonds!
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Anyway, I'm sure your shake is very good, though for protein, I'd rather eat a steak. And for chocolate, there are too many ways to count.
  • shlygraham
    Options
    Thanks I will give it a try :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Sherry:

FDA Tests Turn Up Dairy Farmers Breaking The Law On Antibiotics

MARCH 08, 2015

...Yet a new report from the Food and Drug Administration reveals that a few farmers are slipping through a hole in this enforcement net. These farmers are using antibiotics that the routine tests don't try to detect, because the drugs aren't supposed to be used on dairy cows at all.

...Because the survey was carried out for research purposes, the samples were collected anonymously, and the FDA cannot send investigators to the farms to find out what happened.

Mike Apley, a researcher at Kansas State University's College of Veterinary Medicine, says that it is "totally illegal" for dairy farmers to use two of the drugs that the FDA detected: Ciproflaxacin and Sulfamethazine.

In the case of other drugs, he says, the situation is more complicated. It's illegal for farmers to use those drugs on their own, but veterinarians are allowed to authorize their use in dairy cows under certain strict conditions. Veterinarians also are supposed to ensure that no residues enter the food supply. For whatever reason, that veterinary safeguard didn't work in these cases.

Read more: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/03/08/391248045/fda-tests-turn-up-dairy-farmers-breaking-the-law-on-antibiotics

MILK DRUG RESIDUE SAMPLING SURVEY

...None of the confirmed drug residues identified in this milk survey are currently required to be
    routinely tested for under the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance for Grade “A” milk and milk products. None
    of the drugs found in the targeted or non-targeted groups are approved by FDA to be administered to
    lactating dairy cows. This means that FDA has not evaluated the use of these drugs in lactating dairy
    cattle, including whether milk from treated cows is safe for human consumption.

Read more: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AnimalVeterinary/GuidanceComplianceEnforcement/ComplianceEnforcement/UCM435759.pdf
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    None of the above addresses Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone, which is legal to use in dairy cows in the US but is banned in Canada, Japan, Australia, and all 25 countries of the European Union.

In-depth Look at rbGH

"Consumer reaction has prompted a tipping point in the dairy industry. Over the last three years, companies such as Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Dannon, Yoplait, and more than half of the nation's top 100 dairies have committed to stop using rbGH in some or all of their products."

Guide to rbGH-Free Dairy Products

f92a6e4c204f05176084c7be041ed0a7.png
  • shlygraham
    Options
    I am canadian so there's no need to try and convince me about milk. You can make your own choices based on the milk you have available to you :)
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, it was yummy.
  • ExoticTaste
    ExoticTaste Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So yup this is my mew breakfast lol. Thank you for sharing this recipe