Looking for friends with weightloss goals of 20-30 pounds??

Options
shpudem
shpudem Posts: 7 Member
Of course any friends would be welcome :)

I'm 23, 5 foot 7 and weigh 158 pounds, hoping to get back down to my preferred weight of 140 pounds or less :)

I have recently been diagnosed with lactose intolerance and am also being tested for Celiac disease, so the pain, bloating and discomfort has spurred me on to improve my diet.

The big problem is getting the motivation to exercise :(
If anyone wants to add me, feel free! The more support, the better

Replies

• mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost 8 kg. and need to lose another 16 kg. Feel free to add me.
  • shpudem
    Options
    Well done, you must feel great now that your goal is 1\3 complete :)
  • AkaAngelaKay
    AkaAngelaKay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a lot more than 30 lbs to lose but it is a start for me. I HATE to exercise so I found d the one thing, to me, that didn't feel like actual exercise. Which is water walking. It keeps the weight off my joints and it really doesn't feel like I am putting any effort into it. I went and got a waterproof mp3 player and I was off. After 2 years I am still walking and believe it or not it is actually helping. I also have started kayaking, that is a blast. If you want you can friend me and I will be happy to be your friend.
  • shpudem
    Options
    I actually enjoy working out, it's just getting to the gym or down to my local park to run that's the problem....I don't know why it's so difficult when it makes me feel awesome?!
  • AkaAngelaKay
    AkaAngelaKay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had to plan my exercise like I plan for DR. appts. It has helped since my roommate has joined me. Ask hubby to run with youand it can be a special time alone with him.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i've got appx 20 -30 to loose also :) add me if you like
  • kalliea101
    kalliea101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My primary goal is to get back to eating healthier, but my secondary goal is to get down to my ideal weight which I haven't seen in a long time. I'm a Health Coach but got so busy helping others I got off track, so I'm working with a fellow Coach to get back on track and so far it's going well. I've never enjoyed exercise, I found bikes a few years ago and enjoyed it, but stopped riding for nearly 18 months. I'm making time for it again and feeling great. I'm new to myfitnesspal and used to hate logging my food, but I'm loving this. Feel free to add me, I'd love to connect with support and promise not to promote my business.
  • NicoleB312
    NicoleB312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 45 pounds per my doctor!!!!
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 30 lbs. I was doing pretty good then slipped for awhile before getting back on track in the last few weeks. Add me if you like. :)
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi there I have lost 19 kg but put back on 5 kg need to lose around 11 kg which is 22 lbs approx.. Back on the wagon to banish this fat.. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • SquidP2273
    SquidP2273 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am at 170-175 right now. My goal is 145-150. I am new to MyFitnessPal. I am not really entirely sure how this works, but feel free to add me :)
  • kercrawford
    kercrawford Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have about 40lbs to lose, but I'd love to keep in touch and keep each other motivated!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    shpudem wrote: »
    Of course any friends would be welcome :)

I'm 23, 5 foot 7 and weigh 158 pounds, hoping to get back down to my preferred weight of 140 pounds or less :)

I have recently been diagnosed with lactose intolerance and am also being tested for Celiac disease, so the pain, bloating and discomfort has spurred me on to improve my diet.

The big problem is getting the motivation to exercise :(
    If anyone wants to add me, feel free! The more support, the better
    I just finished losing 20lbs, and am on the last 10!
    I'm 46, 5'7" and weigh 152lbs. Goal weight of about 143...depending totally on body comp.

My food intake would probably be an encouragement to you, I eat a pound of veggies daily in different ways, healthy fats and protein from beef, chicken, fish, eggs or protein shakes. no sugar, dairy, fruit or grains (except I only recently started including sprouted grain toast in one of my meals on some days). I have eaten this way since March 20, and will continue for a while longer.

I absolutely LOVE to be active, and have grown much stronger since March. I'm pretty interactive on here!

• CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have gastritis that flares up a bunch due to diet so I feel your pain. I have lost 100lbs and have 30 left to go. I am looking for more friends to motivate me. Everyone feel free to add me
  • cdlemieux21
    cdlemieux21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Re-starting. Need friends and motivation. 170. Want to lose 20 and see from there,..please add me as a friend if you like.

Also. So you eat your exercise calories?
  • skinnikinni
    skinnikinni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just weighed this morning and was mortified when I saw I put on some more pounds! I am 158!
  • skinnikinni
    skinnikinni Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Trying to get to 127 by this August and have just under three months to do so
  • papacheech
    papacheech Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • papacheech
    papacheech Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 325 and my back is getting more soar and my knees can't take the pounding. I'm 6 ft 4 inch and I'm only 19,so I'm Gonna go thru hell to b in proper shape just lookin for a bruh to keep on pushing on.
  • shpudem
    Options
    Thank you all for your interest :) I have been looking at other folks food diaries to get an idea of how I eat in comparison. I love healthy home cooked meals and haven't craved a take away since I started. My downfall is smoking tbh and trying to drink more water. I give in to dairy now and again even though I know it makes me feel really sick :(

What do you feel are your vices/downfalls?