This is my last first time.

Options
sunnyphia
sunnyphia Posts: 14 Member
Hello everyone. I am back one more time for the last time. After losing weight a few years back I have gained all plus and I am at my heaviest ever. I am newly married and have a 16 year old and 7 month old. But I did not gain the weight from my pregnancy but because I refused to pay attention. I am seeking new friends on here for encouragement and accountability. I will not hit 300.
My real turning point was after getting in an argument with my husband. I think he doesn't want to be seen with me in public. I know it bothers him that I've gained 65 lbs since meeting him 2yrs ago and he tries to help but he doesn't know how. It often annoys me and I get depressed. He sent me this text the next day which I felt for the first time encouraged me
This was swapped to English on google translate so may be a bit off:
Swap to French
Hello honey . Just worry about how many times I love you . I 'm not making fun of you. I feel the same pain , the same stress, the same things as you. Because I'm spouses. If they laugh at you, they make fun of me too. To combat stress and our complex , we must take courage to get to work ( do intensive sports). I am very aware that the first week is very hard, but you'll end up with the courage to adopt you and defeat all. Please do take courage so that we can start as possible. I love you and I always will .
I will be the wife and mother my family deserves. And most importantly be the person I deserve to be. Thanks for reading. Don't hesitate to add me

Replies

• Karinan1515
    Karinan1515 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stay focused, you can do it! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I can't speak to what you shared too much because it sounds like your husband is now a current member... and for us to discuss current members is pretty much a no-no on MFP.

I will suggest that you do this for YOU and only YOU, not for anyone else. Loving yourself is far more important than anyone loving you.. If we are unable to love ourselves another can not love us fully. We aren't open to it.. so our first love should always be ourselves! <3

I don't agree that if one partner is heavy/not heavy it reflects on another. So the person is basically saying if one partner has only one leg.. well same thing... why would THAT reflect badly on the partner??

I'm proud of you for re-joining but I do so hope this is ONLY for you and no one else. One does not deserve anothers love if there are conditions.

• sunnyphia
    Options
    You are right. He says he's more concerned about my health and his his son being motherless. He really doesn't sugar coat anything. But I am doing it for myself above all.
  • edukator99
    edukator99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest a book. I have no affiliation with the author or publisher. It's called The Back Diet Solution and it's not a diet but rather a book about the psychological side of dieting. I'm suggesting it because I've found it to be super helpful.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • sunnyphia
    Options
    Thanks. I'll look into that. When I was down to 145 in 2010 I was still so hard on myself and never happy. I really think it's psychological.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    sunnyphia wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll look into that. When I was down to 145 in 2010 I was still so hard on myself and never happy. I really think it's psychological.
    Oh SO MUCH! That's why it's so difficult sometimes even if the process is simple.. the feelings behind the eating have to be dealt with otherwise we simply 'diet' and then gain it back. Only to do that same thing time after time.

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    edukator99 wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest a book. I have no affiliation with the author or publisher. It's called The Back Diet Solution and it's not a diet but rather a book about the psychological side of dieting. I'm suggesting it because I've found it to be super helpful.

Did you mean the Beck Diet Solution rather than the Back Diet? @edukator99 Just wanted to clarify... I Googled and saw the Beck Diet Solution book which sounds much like you were sharing of the book.
    You are right. He says he's more concerned about my health and his his son being motherless. He really doesn't sugar coat anything. But I am doing it for myself above all.
    <3

• sunnyphia
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing lol

Pretty sure that's actually what she intended to type. As that comes up first when I Google. :) Gonna take a look at it myself, probably will check the library and see if I can find a copy to peruse.
  • edukator99
    edukator99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    edukator99 wrote: »

Did you mean the Beck Diet Solution rather than the Back Diet? @edukator99 Just wanted to clarify... I Googled and saw the Beck Diet Solution book which sounds much like you were sharing of the book.
    <3

Yes that is right. Its The Beck Diet Solution. If you get it let me know what you think.