Foods that help boost your metabolism?

Options
Which fruits, vegetables, nuts etc. should I be adding to my diet that will help boost my metabolism?

Cheers!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    None....
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Total caloric intake has an effect on BMR, but macronutrients don't as far as I'm aware.
  • AriAir
    AriAir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon. Grapefruit. Spices like Dijon mustard or jalapeño. Mellons. Bananas. Lemon & limes. GREEN TEA. Coco.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    AriAir wrote: »
    Cinnamon. Grapefruit. Spices like Dijon mustard or jalapeño. Mellons. Bananas. Lemon & limes. GREEN TEA. Coco.

Yikes, i eat most of those regularly . Unfortunately i haven't noticed any difference :disappointed:
    Even if they did boost metabolism, it would be a tiny unnoticeable difference.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Metabolism cannot be boosted like that. Lift heavy weights to increase metabolism.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    AriAir wrote: »

There is no science behind any of that.

The only people saying that are people who want you to buy something from them. Be smart.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If you drink about 6-7 cups of coffee daily you're gonna burn 100-200 calories more thanks to the caffeine. Is that worth it? Probably not.
  • maria76l
    maria76l Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Metabolism cannot be boosted like that. Lift heavy weights to increase metabolism.
    I have to agree im afraid if you want to help your weight loss along then weighted excersise is really good, I no some people say muscle is heaver than fat but muscle burns fat so doing some weighed excersise along side your cardio will help you and tone at the same time, for example I started doing up to 20 min kettlebell workout, 30 min cross trainer as well as the 30 day abb challenge nearly every day since last thur and of couse counting my kcal and so far I've lost 5lbs and dropped a Inch off my waist & hips. I'm really shocked it's worked that well so quickly but it's got to be the kettlebell and counting kcal as i was eating healthy and excersing everyday before but didn't loose weight that well.
    Good luck x