zucchini pizza crust

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
For anyone experimenting with gluten free, or lower carb, or lower calorie, or "fits todays remaining macros", or higher nutrient pizza crusts, give a zucchini one a try.

http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2012/08/28/zucchini-pizza-crust-and-wiaw/

I followed that recipe, with one substitution (I didn't have almond meal, so I ground up flax seeds instead).

IMHO it held together very well (better than cauliflower), and tasted fantastic. I used a pizza stone and did flip each crust a few times.

Replies

• creatingtaylor
    creatingtaylor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Thanks!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, might try it
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I was looking for a cauliflower pizza crust recipe today and was disappointed that the only ones I found depended on a cup of mozzarella in the "crust," and then you would put more cheese on top. Too much cheese!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Trilby16 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this! I was looking for a cauliflower pizza crust recipe today and was disappointed that the only ones I found depended on a cup of mozzarella in the "crust," and then you would put more cheese on top. Too much cheese!

Yeah, this one doesn't require cheese in the crust, just an egg (I'm at a high altitude, so sometimes I do two eggs for things like this).
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oops! I didn't read it carefully-- Zucchini holds together better than cauliflower, huh? I can imagine that as I sometimes make fried zucchini pancakes and they hold together pretty well. Thanks again.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sabine! I'll be planting zucchini any day now, and will bookmark this for later in the summer.
  • tho2004_418
    tho2004_418 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Noms!!!! Sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks!