Juicing?

Options
Has anyone tried juicing before? I am curious to try it, I have heard a lot about it and watched a few documentaries. Any advice? Is it worth trying?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    kbuggg wrote: »
    Any advice?

Don't do it
    Is it worth trying?

Nope
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stoopy double post

de94222e-60a4-4b30-a12c-de95af069fe5_zpsbc1b04b5.jpg
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    haha juicing. I'm guessing your talking about drinking some kind of hippie fruity drink as opposed to what most bodybuilding/fitness peeps know "juicing" to be. Sorry to lol but just made me chuckle at the thought of you openly asking myfitnesspal members if they'd hopped on "dat dere". But yeah, give juicing a go, juice is good... as long as you consume the other 1500 cals along with it
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Trying for what exactly?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i would say it's not worth trying if it's all u plan to consume. this comes from first hand experience. i said i was going to do it for 10 days. i lasted 3 with awful stomach cramps headaches and just exhaustion. it is pointless. u might loss a few lbs but gain it back as soon as u eat solid food. that and i learned i hate vegetable juice. no thanks
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great to supplement your intake. On its own, it's stupid expensive, wasteful, and won't give you enough calories to function (if you plan on just consuming juice for a set period of time).
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried juicing before? I am curious to try it, I have heard a lot about it and watched a few documentaries. Any advice? Is it worth trying?

You mean like major league baseball I want to hit a ton of home runs juicing?
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I do not take steriods. I heard it makes your weiner small. That's what you meant, right?

Also messes up your liver enzymes fo realz.

As far as fruit juice goes, I just don't get it at all. If I want to drink my calories, it better be a freakin latte.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great to supplement your intake. On its own, it's stupid expensive, wasteful, and won't give you enough calories to function (if you plan on just consuming juice for a set period of time).

This. Surviving on juice alone won't give you the protein, fat, or calories you need, and it's crazy expensive. I drink fresh juice occasionally, and the juice place I go to sells a 1200 calorie juice plan (bare minimum) for $62 a day. A DAY.

Making your own juice will take tons of produce and all of your time. Ever cleaned a juicer? Imagine 6-8 times a day.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    cell tech not even once
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What are you looking to do?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Juicing can be beneficial. And does not cost 62 a day! Lol! Um that is the price you pay for the convenience of having a business do it for you. But it does take up a bit of produce. I have juice fasted before but it is n9t truly meant to be more than a week. You can pm me for any questions you have.
  • kbuggg
    kbuggg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I am looking to lose about 15 pounds
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I am looking to lose about 15 pounds

Are you looking to lose 15lbs through juicing?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I have a juicer and love fresh grapefruit juice in the summer. I also make other juices from time to time especially when fruit is in season and cheap. I make veggie blends too. I do it because I like the juice. Sometimes I will have the juice as a meal but that is because I have gotten full on juice (rare but happens). I juice simply for the taste.

I have juiced vegetables to use to start a soup base. Here is a caution: don't juice an onion! Learn from my misery.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Juicing can be beneficial. And does not cost 62 a day! Lol! Um that is the price you pay for the convenience of having a business do it for you. But it does take up a bit of produce. I have juice fasted before but it is n9t truly meant to be more than a week. You can pm me for any questions you have.

Juicing can be beneficial in getting a wide spread of nutrients in liquid form

Nutrients you could just, ya know, chew

If you like juice drink it

It does not aid weight loss in any way
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Is this word for word what other people have posted? Or just some déjà u?

But seems like most are against it.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My mum does a juicing diet once in a while. She says she isn't hungry while she does it and she tends to lose 7-10lbs in a couple of weeks. She does it when there is a big event coming up.

My major warning to you is that she ALWAYS puts the weight back on and these days she is larger than she has ever been. Read into that what you will. It's not a sustainable way of eating. She has to really plan when she does it so she will be near home and able to make the juices and has the ingredients. All so much work and therefore impossible to sustain.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can get a ton of nutrients from juicing if you use it as a supplement to solid food, but I prefer making smoothies. Smoothies require less product to make the same quantity, so you can get more bang for your buck. You also get to keep that filling fiber. I add Greek yogurt and almond milk to my smoothies, which adds a lot of protein and makes me feel full. I see smoothies as a nice, tasty snack that satisfies sweet cravings while providing the nutrients I need.

But I would never try to subsist on a smoothie or juice alone. Most likely you won't feel satiated, and will go back to solid food quickly. Your better off managing your calories to create a deficit while eating normal food, and throwing in smoothies or juice as a healthy treat.