Five Simple Principles To Keep You Going =)

Options
Hi everybody,

Probably, what I will post here is not the big news for you, but I just wanted to share a few things that give me energy to keep going…
I will summarize my discoveries, and then will write a few words about my own example.
Hope you enjoy the reading, and it will encourage you to do things differently on your journey to beauty and happiness.
By the way, it is the first time in my entire life I have decided to write something like that and post in on the discussion board, so don’t judge me too hard.) Hopefully, I won’t change my mind to post it by the end of the story.)

If you read the whole thing through (which I hope you will) and have something to add, please, feel free to comment or send me a message and I will edit the article.

1. Positive approach. Try not to use the word “loss” and “losing”, when you talk about your weight or body. Originally the word “loss” has a negative stylistic nuance like you will regret or miss the weight you let go despite the effort you put into the entire process. Instead of saying “I will loose weight” say “I am becoming beautiful” or “I am reaching my ideal weight” or “I am a beautiful person, my body is healthy and strong”. When you receive comments like “Oh, you’ve lost some weight” the reply should be “Thank you, but no, I am discovering my true beauty”, or something like that.

2. Find the exercise that makes you happy, that brings you joy. Don’t torture yourself with running, if you think that it’s not your thing. Don’t do something because it’s healthy and easy, or it’s the latest trend and everybody is doing it and recommending it.

3.Remember: the only benchmark is your little lovely self in the past and in the future. Compare your current condition to your condition in the past and towards future goals. Do not look at your friends or neighbors, colleagues, or celebrities.

4. Use affirmations. Affirmations are simple words or phrases that you can repeat to yourself whenever you feel an urge to eat or during your daily workout. These positive messages work on a sub-conscious level, awakening the resources and potentials you have inside your body.
When you have an urge to eat, take a deep breath, focus your thoughts in a positive, pleasant situation and say: “I'm choosing health and beauty now. I love the feeling of making progress. I want to stay there”. The more positive messages you send to yourself: the more you'll want to do what's needed to slim down.
Your affirmations are to be in the present tense to give them a greater sense of power and immediacy. Don't use the future tense, because it creates an inner mind program which says that you are not ready now. The present tense, in contrast, affirms your readiness and willingness to reach your goal now. Keep the affirmation positive with the emphasis on you at your goal now. Telling yourself not to do something, you focus attention on the very thing you are avoiding, making it harder to avoid. The mind and imagination must focus on the positive goal.
The wording you use is also very important. You must use statements that your conscious mind can accept. In order for Affirmations to work they must be reasonable, believable and acceptable to the conscious mind. The mind must hear an affirmation and really believe it could be true or become true.

Given below are examples of affirmations you can use. Develop your own affirmations that you can "own." Each day, write or say aloud your affirmations. Or you can record them and listen to your own voice during some regular activities. It feels strange and weird in the beginning, but a few days later it will be perfectly normal.

I'm on the road to fitness.
I am feeling thinner today.
I look and feel lighter today.
I'm enjoying how I'm feeling now.
I love the feeling of making progress.
I intuitively chose healthy and tasty food and beverages.
I have all the resources within my body to achieve my goals. I use those resources effectively and easily. Becoming beautiful and reaching my desired weight is effortless.
I enjoy being healthy.
I'm making things easy for myself now.
My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier every day.
I feel so thin inside, my outer is just about to catch up.

5. Don’t be lazy. Someone once said to me that laziness it’s just fear stretched in time. Fear of failure. All the excuses we make up are just projections of laziness and barriers on the way to success.

And now a few words about my own experience.

Few weeks ago my mindset has changed dramatically, and I don’t know what caused it. I guess it was just the right moment for a change.
I’ve been told that I need to slim down as long as I remember myself, and I kind of got used to it, didn’t pay any attention. From time to time I came up with some crazy ideas or started a new diet, and all the efforts showed no result.

A friend of mine, who is a Buddhist and practicing yoga, has told me many times: find your thing, think of something that brings you joy and I couldn’t really understand what he is talking about.

In March I had a really stressful time at work and was bored with my dull life. I realized I need adrenaline injection and experience state of weightlessness (zero gravity). I started thinking about how and where I can get some extreme. My choices were skydiving, base jumping, flying in aero tube, and so on. But the answer was so simple, easy and cheap! It didn’t require any special training or extra money…I started trampoline jumping.

I was so scared, but at the same time so eager to try, and my eagerness was stronger than my fear. After the first session my eyes were like two high headlights for a week. I felt every muscle in my body, even those that I didn’t know existed there, and couldn’t keep smiling. The feelings were so great! One 20 minute session on the trampoline equals 40 minutes cardio exercise. I jump once a week more for getting positive emotions rather than burning calories.

I started swimming 4 times a week, 60 minutes a session. Water is relaxing and many groups of muscles are working at the same time.

After my short getaway to Turkey in the beginning of May, I became a real fan of active time spending. I do whatever comes to mind and agree with every crazy idea. I said yes to rock climbing, horseback riding, dancing, diving, kayaking.

I found affirmations to help me on my journey, which suit me, and a few I wrote myself. And recorded them on my phone and listen to them 30-60 minutes a day, just walking to and from work or workout.

For those of you who survived such a long message, thank you and I wish you strength and devotion to your goals, true compliments, beatiful bodies, and most of all, enjoyment of your healthy and new lifestyle!

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You posted excellent for your first time......I like your positive attitude, ........I like the one about laziness and how to avoid it. I used to be lazy, found my nitche, and look forward to going to the gym.......thanks for the post, you did a great job............Lloyd
  • ashleyk0407
    ashleyk0407 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    THIS WAS GREAT THANKS
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting :) Will read the whole thing when I get home from work!
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great post !! Thanks.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for me at this moment. Thank you for having the courage to share it. Thank you and congrats on where you are at in enjoying your journey.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree the post was very well presented and your examples were great. I hope you achieve "it"! I have a goal in mind and although I have my ups and downs I see the goal in front of me always.

BTW the jumping on the trampoline sounds fun.
  • Calistar24
    Calistar24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great inspiration, quotes, and story! Thank you for posting this! I've been feeling the same stress and lack of excitement lately as well. I'm assuming the stress has been causing the boredom.
  • Sbernardo7711
    Options
    What a great post! Thank yo for sharing. I am giong to try to be more positive and never use that L word again. I tend to use that a lot.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I have to disagree with number 2. You should do the exercises that are effective, whether you like them or not. Example: Usain Bolt (world’s fastest man and gold medalist) absolutely hates squats, but he still does them, because of how effective they are. The results are what should make you happy not the exercise.

Remember, what you “like” is not always a good baseline. Most people are on this site from a history of doing too much of what they like, such as overeating or sitting on their buts.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this post. I agree with positive attitude being a key component as well as your affirmations. I tend to call them positive self talk as too often we engage in the negative version of "too hard, I can't, this is impossible, I will never....And yep, overcoming laziness, our phlegmatic selves. Thanks for posting this.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Great Post - thanks!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post - thanks for sharing - it is so true......sounds as if you have truly found your happy place
  • nurka33
    nurka33 Posts: 5
    Options
    I want to thank you allfor the reply and for feedback! It really means a lot to me!

Keep up the good work.)))
  • nurka33
    nurka33 Posts: 5
    Options
    I must have not made myself clear enough in #2 point.)
    What I meant to say is that you should find an excercise that makes you so happy and so high that you train more for positive emotions and not so much for burning calories, i.e. burning calories will be just a positive side effect of this process.

Do what you like in a healthy and active way, not in passive, lazy and unhealthy.)