Balanced Protein Diet/ Ideal Protein Diet- Has anyone tried? Success Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed a difference with menstruating and the weight loss cycle, but everyone is different and I know my consultant said it is a possibility. Mine was contributed to cheating, mmm homemade Mediterranean food, could not turn it down. Something for me to watch this month. We did do measurements after a months time I am down about 1.5-2.5 inches all around for a total of 5.5 inches so that was a nice thing to see, even more so than the weight loss, maybe try measurements and see what's going on if you are concerned.
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is great to hear! Keep it up!
  • Stylie
    Stylie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been on IP since Dec 28th and lost around 50 LBS. Took a week off during SXSW and gained a bit..but the next week back on Phase one it all came back off and then some. There are some tough choices on dining out occasionally, but the evening meal is pretty easy to find at most places..
    Also, 8OZ of protein and 2 cups of veggies is a lot! Final thought here.. I love the desert bars caramel nut or the peanut butter vanilla bars.. they have kept me on track as every night it seems like a treat..
    IP is good stuff...
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    IP for me right now is $88/ week CDN for the three IP food packets, this will include your weekly check in and consultant. It then goes to about $40/week on phase two and $20/ week phase three. It saves me a lot on groceries though, as I am now only buying fresh veggies and protein products. Essentially taking out all the expensive items, as you can shop sales on protein or visit your local butcher. My partner is not on this and I find even the little bit we spend on his Breakfast or Lunch items is still way less then what we were eating prior to my IP Program.
  • jcondeee
    Options
    Stylie wrote: »
    I have been on IP since Dec 28th and lost around 50 LBS. Took a week off during SXSW and gained a bit..but the next week back on Phase one it all came back off and then some. There are some tough choices on dining out occasionally, but the evening meal is pretty easy to find at most places..
    Also, 8OZ of protein and 2 cups of veggies is a lot! Final thought here.. I love the desert bars caramel nut or the peanut butter vanilla bars.. they have kept me on track as every night it seems like a treat..
    IP is good stuff...
    you are allowed 8 oz of fish, 5oz of chicken
  • jcondeee
    Options
    sklala wrote: »
    IP for me right now is $88/ week CDN for the three IP food packets, this will include your weekly check in and consultant. It then goes to about $40/week on phase two and $20/ week phase three. It saves me a lot on groceries though, as I am now only buying fresh veggies and protein products. Essentially taking out all the expensive items, as you can shop sales on protein or visit your local butcher. My partner is not on this and I find even the little bit we spend on his Breakfast or Lunch items is still way less then what we were eating prior to my IP Program.

I noticed that too! Plus, I'm not buying all the junky fast food either which I never realized it adds up tremendously.
  • btv007
    btv007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys! I re-started IP on March 4, 2015 and have since lost 13lbs:). My first time on IP was a lot quicker - about a year and a half ago I lost 25 lbs in 5 months but due to stressors and emotional eating off plan, I gained it all back.. But, this is the only plan that works for me and my lifestyle - I truly love the strictness and need it right now. First time around I didn't phase through all of the phases and will definitely do that this time around. I continue to learn a lot about myself and understand what I need to do. My weight loss after the first week has dropped to 1lb per week so Coach has me recording both in my journal and My Fitness Pal and limit carb intake to 40g Max per day so that I stay in ketosis. This week I intend to alternate between restricted/non-restricted snacks as maybe that is holding me back, not sure but hoping for a big loss for my Wk 6 weigh-in. Happy to join groups and link up for support. I love this program -- IP works!!
  • jcondeee
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!!
  • kbeaumont88
    kbeaumont88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Any updates on anyone's progress? I'm looking into starting this...
  • jcondeee
    Options
    I lost a total of 23 pounds! I am now off to my fitness journey now that I have the extra baggage gone