1 Week Left - What Can I Do To Look Thinner?

Options
Hey, so I have one week left before I attend an event in which I will be in a bikini all weekend (I'm not exactly an awesome bikini body yet, but I really don't feel like wearing a one-piece . . . so I won't). I'm on a basic eating/fitness regimen already, but I want to know if it's possible to look a little thinner (people will be taking pictures) in one week and what I should for it. I am not an extreme dieting/fitness person, but it's a week, so if it works, I'm down.

Side note: I appreciate all advice, but I'm aware that a week isn't enough to make REAL change. This is just a temporary boost before I continue on my normal regimen. Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Not much.

You could cut carbs and sodium to lose water weight to give you a slimmer look, but that's just a stupid idea because it's really not needed unless your cutting for a competition weigh in.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Practice walking around while sucking your gut in.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Get a spray tan. Seriously.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Be confident.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

This. And stand up straight.
  • MissShannonFit
    MissShannonFit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can try a detox to lose water weight.. the only other 'quick fixes' would be to possibly spray tan/use bronzer (I'm really against tanning beds). It can actually make you look slimmer because of how the color contours your body. Lemon water helps detox the body and curve appetite, cutting out complex carbs and sticking with more nutritious carbs may help.. That's all I can really think of.
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Will schedule one now. Thanks :)

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jillian Michael's One Week Shred. I lost nearly an inch off my waist.

edit: probably mostly due to some water weight loss, though, as I was playing it safe with sodium and carbs during that week.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

I second this. Nothing hides the weeble wobbles quite like a little color.

Go easy on the sodium so you're not retaining any water. Workout all week, get in your cardio. Do some lifting before strutting your stuff to get the "pump"

(Most of these ideas won't really DO much-but they'll make you FEEL better/tighter..../except the tan. Do the tan. That will actually help)
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Be confident.

I'm not worried about my sex appeal. It's just a comic con type of event at a water park (confusing I know), which means lots of people taking pics so I want to be in best form for what's possible.

• KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    dark tan will seriously help
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Also kudos on wearing the bikoni rather than the one piece. I'm the same way. I've gained 15ish pounds and will still wear a bikini this year. I won't love the experience, but it's what I like to wear and im not wearing a one-piece out of fear. Also... You probably look a lot better than you think. Have fun :-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Spray tan, cut back on the sodium and suck your stomach in. Also, I tend to look super pregnant if I have to pee really badly (I normally have a pretty flat stomach), so if that also happens to you just make sure you don't hold it too long.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can try a detox to lose water weight.. the only other 'quick fixes' would be to possibly spray tan/use bronzer (I'm really against tanning beds). It can actually make you look slimmer because of how the color contours your body. Lemon water helps detox the body and curve appetite, cutting out complex carbs and sticking with more nutritious carbs may help.. That's all I can really think of.

Right...

Stop posting your misinformed information on the MFP forums. Everyone will appreciate that.

There is no need to DETOX. Your liver, kidneys and skin all do that for you. The only time you need to detox is when you're coming off a serious drug addiction and are put into a medically induced coma, and even that isn't used anymore.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Go easy on broccoli and other cruciferous veggies and beans which tend to produce gas as you digest them, which can sometimes make your stomach look bloated. And spray tan!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    To add to the good tips here, make sure the bikini fits properly. I saw two undersized ones this week that revealed the butt crack. Not a good look.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Spray tan. Work on your posture. Other than that nothing really. unless this a VS photo shoot expect regular people bodies. Have fun.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    spray tan, good posture, suck gut in

When pics are being taken stand sideways (model stance) you know with one foot out, half sideways...hips stuck out.
  • rhody2012
    rhody2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water during the week. And get in cardio daily to sweat a lot.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Work on your posture, and find your 'good side' with lighting.