raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    aarar wrote: »
    Yes. 100% worth it.

why is it worth it?
  • HealthyWifeStatus
    HealthyWifeStatus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR, and my husband has the regular Charge. We both love them!! I previously had the flex, and liked that one too (lost it in a store), but having the actual step count available on my wrist with the Charge HR is awesome. It really is a glorified pedometer, but in my opinion, it gets the job done. With the fitbit app, you can add other friends who have a fitbit, and then compete in challenges with them. My husband and i did a one day challenge against each other the other day, and we ended up doing laps around the house right before bedtime trying to beat each other. We are currently in a work week challenge with a few of our friends, and I have been running in place at my desk all day (not something I would normally do). So yes, it does get you moving and keep you aware of how active you really are.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and I love it.
    Keeps me motivated and it indulges my competitive nature becuase I can enter challenges with friends.
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and I think it motivates me, I like the pop-up reminders saying there's only x amount of steps left. Yesterday I only have 1200 steps to go so I ran up and down the stairs while my bath filled, it worked! Getting the notification when you reach your step goal is awesome
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have jawbone UP24 and I totally love it.
  • lbpainter
    lbpainter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have been reading reviews for a month about fitness trackers, I bike everyday for one hour. Usually on a real bike outside but when i cant I get on a stationary bike at home. Which one is best for tracking that? Or would I have to put it in manually?
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. I like having the step count at my fingertips because it's a reminder of how active I have or have not been on any given day. The calorie burn counter is also great as it gives me a real time reminder of what i've burned as opposed to what i've eaten. I have the app installed on my phone and computer and they all update as long as I've put it in one of them. The food logging's not as good as MFP, but that's fine since I use both apps. If I accurately log everything into MFP I can just add the exact calorie count into the fitbit at the end of the day. THen at the end of the week I can check the graphs and charts to see how I did overall. The sleep counter is also a great feature. The only part I don't like is that the HR is not waterproof, so no wearing it while I swim. The rst of the calorie burn seems pretty accurate though.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    lbpainter wrote: »
    i have been reading reviews for a month about fitness trackers, I bike everyday for one hour. Usually on a real bike outside but when i cant I get on a stationary bike at home. Which one is best for tracking that? Or would I have to put it in manually?

I too have been reading reviews and trying to research because I'm looking into buying my first activity tracker. I don't bicycle or anything but the misfit shine is capable of tracking bike rides but u have to wear it on your ankle. Another option might be the misfit flash. It's about half the cost of the shine and offers the same features. The Garmin Vivosmart can be paired with a cycling sensor or hrm strap but it's a little pricey but is waterproof. It all depends on where you prefer wearing your device and what features u really want. I want a device for the sole purpose of counting calories burned during a workout. I could care less about counting steps, sleep tracker capability and most of the other features that trackers have. So I'm still searching before I buy lol but I'm leaning towards a Fitbit Charge HR. Good luck on your search, hope I was able to help.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    amphilion wrote: »
    Wanting your opinions on the Fitbit. Do you like it? Is it worth spending the 125$?

The Fitbit Zip is only US$60.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). When you connect your accounts, MFP adjusts your daily calorie goal to TDEE minus deficit.

Some Fitbits track your sleep. Some have a heart rate monitor. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this really helped!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge. I love it. I have a few people on my friends list and the challenges are very motivating. I had a jawbone up24. I began to develop a very itchy rash on my wrist. I had tried everything to get rid of the rash. I read online alot of people have an allergy to the metal used in the button mechanism. One day it just stopped working and I bought the bitbit and the rash went away. I didn't like the fact on the jawbone up24 you had to push a button to track your sleep. The fitbit does it automatically.

Down side to the fitbit I have found is it does not track bicycling. I have put it on my shoe before so I guess you can still track but probably not as accurately.
  • ambermelissa96
    ambermelissa96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    if you go on ebay you can get it for cheaper i got mine new in the box for $75 honestly ii thought it would of been a lot better but its really not worth it i recommended the NEW Nike+ Plus GPS Sport Watch White/Silver TomTom Running workout band runner
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    aarar wrote: »
    Yes. 100% worth it.

why is it worth it?

Just from my personal experience it's opened my eyes to how sedentary my life can be when I'm not running. I used to say "I'm a busy mom, always chasing after my kids" when in reality if I didn't get a run in that day, I'd be lucky to do 4000 steps. It regularly gives me motivation to move more and I feel naked on the rare day I forget to wear it. I've had it for 2 1/2 year and logged over 12 000 000 steps on it. I've gotten my money's worth even if it were to die on me today.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    1triciakae wrote: »
    Down side to the fitbit I have found is it does not track bicycling. I have put it on my shoe before so I guess you can still track but probably not as accurately.

Non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) must be logged either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time.