How often do you weight in?

Options

Replies

• Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on weight watchers, but I step on the scale everyday. I know ppl say you shouldn't do that, but I find that if im up one day, I need to step up my game!
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Everyday when I get up. For me it helps keep me on track and I am generally ok with the up's and downs because I know I will go up if I have a high sodium day etc. When it consistantly goes down it really is a motivator for me. And if it is going up, obviously I need to make some changes.
    I only log it here once or twice a week.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale for some reason... I guess never thought to until now so I only do it once a week at the YMCA on Tuesdays! I prefer it longer that way so I don't have to obsess over daily fluctuations as that will drive me up the wall. We might get our own scale due to the one at the Y being kinda... old? Is that the right word? I did get bored and weigh myself at my dads this weekend and saw that his said I was 4-5 pounds lower then I've been weighing at but I'm taking it with a grain of salt as you never know.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I wake up. Do you really think that is to much?
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only record on MFP when I lose - that might be daily, or once every couple of weeks, depending on how I'm doing! I tried weighing weekly, but that made me crazier (the waiting, and then not losing as much as I had hoped). By weighing daily, I am pretty much ok with ignoring the day-to-day fluctuations, and I get feedback every day.
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The trainer at my gym recommends that you weigh in every morning, and then at the end of the week average all those for what you weigh.
    She says if you weigh in just once a week, and happen to be retaining water that morning, or haven't used the bathroom yet ;), she has seen people get discouraged and give up.
    I think it truly depends on the person though, and how they feel about weighing in however so often.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same time of day ~ 11:00 same scale.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Duplicate...ignore
  • soldierboy00
    Options
    I used to do it every day but then i stop and decided to do every friday and i started seing the results as long i didnt gain any weight i was happy and an accomplishment.
  • soldierboy00
    Options
    I used to do it every day but then i stop and decided to do every friday and i started seing the results as long i didnt gain any weight i was happy and an accomplishment.
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week wearing the same clothes at a designated WI place. :) I do use my home scale to keep myself on target and see how things are going throughout the week. I however try not to allow this to play with my emotions!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    When I first joined MFP in March I was getting on the scale every day and sometimes more than once a day and getting obsessive about it.
    A sweet MFPer told me it would be better for me to not weigh except once a month and just do measurements weekly to see my progress and went on to tell me about our body's natural fluctuations etc..
    My Dr. confirmed it too.
    I did this for the first few months and now I weigh once a week and still do my measurements each week too.
    I have learned not to get so obsessed about the number and just happy it is going the right direction.

Best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • mandymauk
    mandymauk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning when i wake up, before i eat or drink anything.
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    One a week on Fridays as soon as I get up.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every day pretty much.. but i only weigh in properly once a week. as most people have said on here, it keeps me on track and just kind of keeps my mind in the right place! (:
  • cuteone3163
    Options
    I was going to ask this same question. I do once a week. I find that if I do more then that I get frusterated. :wink:
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The trainer at my gym recommends that you weigh in every morning, and then at the end of the week average all those for what you weigh.
    She says if you weigh in just once a week, and happen to be retaining water that morning, or haven't used the bathroom yet ;), she has seen people get discouraged and give up.
    I think it truly depends on the person though, and how they feel about weighing in however so often.

This is what I do. Weigh in every morning. I take the weekly average and trend it week to week and use that as my true progress. I take the daily weight fluctutations with a grain of salt, as long as the overall after the average is downward.
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LOL... love that. But I've always got Wii Fit if I want a 2nd scale (if the first one is hidden!)
  • WeightWatchen
    Options
    Everyday! I am stuck on that number, what can I say? Even when I was on Weight Watchers, you weighed in once a week, but I still stepped on that scale everyday. It's just a habit I guess...
  • rxchecker
    rxchecker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hop on the scale daily first thing in the morning but only record maybe every 5-7 days. Don't worry about daily fluctuations but if I see a 'trend' for 3-4 days in a row I know I need to eat better/exercise more :) It keeps me on track.