Sit Ups / Calories Burned?? MFP Flaw?

Options
I've noticed what might be a flaw inthe MFP exercise database. When I do sit ups I do sets of 25 and rest for a minute or two between each set. I think it would make more sense to track and log my calories burned per sit up instead of per minute like MFP does. I did 150 sit ups in about a 20 minute time period but I dont feel like I burned 400+ calories like MFP says.

Does anyone agree with me? Does anyone know how to break down calories burned per sit up?

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Try fitclick.com. That's where I do all my strength training calculations as to calories burned.
  • wifeofsnoh8r
    Options
    I agree with you, my situps are 5-6 minutes, at 3 sets of 90. Hopefully they change this for better results
  • Clarity22
    Clarity22 Posts: 24
    Options
    Try fitclick.com. That's where I do all my strength training calculations as to calories burned.

tried that fitclick site...seems like they do it the same way, by minutes not reps/sets
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just login, go to "workout tracker", choose my exercise(s), reps and weight used (if any) and it gives me a count of calories that I've burned. I'm sure that's it's not perfectly accurate, but it's closer than MFP.