Need help!

Options
hey guys ☺️
So I'm starting the fasting diet and really need support. It's got to the point where I feel so guilty all the time because I secret eat, binge eat or worse. Any tips or encouragement would be great ❤️

Replies

• cathawthorne
    cathawthorne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you secret eat, binge, etc. (you're not alone there!) fasting is not a great way to go--it seems to only make the urge to binge worse. I know that a fast might feel like the only way to control your diet (again, you're not alone) or lose weight quickly, but everything I've read indicates that fasting only makes it harder to stop binge eating in the long run. I really encourage you to stop the madness with the eating, but I would also encourage a more moderate approach. I myself have done a bunch of juice cleanses and fasts and stuff, and this time around am trying a more balanced way of going about it, because that all just puts me right back in the cycle. Does that make sense?
  • ipastorsally
    ipastorsally Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you fasting for Ramadan? Or are you fasting by not eating anything? Or are you fasting by not eating a specific thing? I gave up sodas by fasting only the sodas out. Fasts can be done many ways. But it is recommended that you only fast with a doctor monitoring the fast where you avoid or severely lit food. They can be dangerous to your overall health. And as a Christian pastor, fasting is a form of prayer to center on God by removing an idol in one's life. So fasting in a Christian practice is much broader than not eating, and deeply spiritual. And at 40 days, or about a month and a half, the fast should create a permanent life style change. Hence fasting should never be denial of all food.
    Peace my friend.
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Take charge of the things in life you can control and you will begin to feel better!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If your feeling guilty about food, secret eating, and worse then fasting might not be a good idea for you. Unless it's a religious holiday, then I wouldn't do it. It sounds like you may need to seek professional help because you stated you binge eat, secret eat and worse.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you secret eat, binge, etc. (you're not alone there!) fasting is not a great way to go--it seems to only make the urge to binge worse. I know that a fast might feel like the only way to control your diet (again, you're not alone) or lose weight quickly, but everything I've read indicates that fasting only makes it harder to stop binge eating in the long run. I really encourage you to stop the madness with the eating, but I would also encourage a more moderate approach. I myself have done a bunch of juice cleanses and fasts and stuff, and this time around am trying a more balanced way of going about it, because that all just puts me right back in the cycle. Does that make sense?

Agree. It's easy to be lured in by a promise of losing weight fast, but doing it slow and steady is the way to go.
  • orribby1
    orribby1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah thank you everyone for your suggestions. The fasting is not for a religion, it's the 5-2 diet
  • swartepiet
    swartepiet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Find motivation from within and it will always be with you.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Diet plans don't work for everyone. Maybe just concentrate on staying under your calorie goal instead of doing the fasting - doesn't sound like it works for you! :) After all, the basis of weight loss always comes down to CICO (Calories In, Calories Out).