One glute much larger than the other

Options
Hey!!! I need some help here.
After years of carrying my children up and down stairs and everywhere, I've realized subconsciously I've always placed them on my left hip and I'm noticing that side of my butt is larger more muscular than my other side!! How can I work my other side without working the left. I've started to make a concious effort of carrying my kids on my right side now. Any good exercises? All I can think of are lunges.

Replies

• PKRazor
    PKRazor Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Im going to need to see a proper picture of those glutes to make a professional judgment ;-).

No seriously, a good exercise is laying on you back, bring both your heels back so your knees are in the air. Then with your arms straight down your side, push your hips into the air, heels digging into the floor and all the weight on your shoulders (so your body would be at an angle going up from the shoulders to the hips. Keep that position for ten seconds then lower your hips back down then repeat.
    Another variation on this is when your hips are in the air, take one leg off the floor and straighten it so you are only resting on one leg/heel.
    You will feel the tension in the glutes much more than you think. but its an easy exercises to do and very effective.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Pistol squats.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    One legged hip thrust maybe?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ^ Yes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
  • emilygoose33
    emilygoose33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Get down on your hands and knees, then extend one leg straight back (on the side you wanna work), then bring the leg still straight as far to the side as you can, then bring the leg back in, bending and tucking it into your chest before repeating the sequence. Sorry I'm not sure what this exercise is called!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the variety of exercises! Excited to get started on this :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you just do balanced, full body, compound movements (squats, deadlifts, etc.), you will even out. There is no need to try to work on side to balance things out unless you’re about to be judged for a bodybuilding or figure contest.