High protein breakfast ideas for work

Options
I do weird shift patters where I work late then work early the next day so don't always have time to prepare eggs for the next day! Yoghurt can get a bit sickly for me as well...any ideas??? Food that fills you up for a good few hours! I usually have oats but I'm hungry again after a couple of hours!

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    hard boil a bunch of eggs in advance :)

or sometimes I even have chicken for breakfast!
  • harrietcrate99
    harrietcrate99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How long do the hard boiled eggs last up to?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Protein powder for shakes
  • VitaTofuVegamin
    VitaTofuVegamin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It can take some practice to create a custom protein shake/smoothie that you like and that achieves the nutritional balance suitable for you (i.e. I'm type II diabetic and keep shake net carbs under 15g), but I found it well worth the trouble. Experiment at times when you're not in a rush. Try different protein powders and flavors until you find one you like. I find them very filling and with my particular combo, I enjoy the taste. I have a vitamix, so I tend to freeze spinach and kale and add a handful to my mix. It only takes me 5 minutes to prepare.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I boil 3 days worth of eggs at a time, I know that food guidelines say 5 days but the thought of that makes me want to gag lol
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    5oz. of smoked salmon with cottage cheese and pineapple is one of my quick go-to breakfasts. I'll add in peanut butter and toast if I can.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I make frittatas and cut them into servings for my work week. You can also make things like freezer breakfast burritos or freezer breakfast sandwiches to pull and microwave anytime.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese?
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eggs cheese