MFP does not count certian fresh fruit as having any sugar when entered

Options
Does anyone know why myfitness pal does not display fruit as having any sugar? I thought most fruit like strawberries did have natural sugar but it always puts 0?

Replies

• getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pick a different strawberry in the database. The one I chose does show sugar. Click on the nutrients link when picking and it will tell you how much of everything.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The database entries can be inaccurate. The correct entries definitely include sugar content.

ETA: It's good to verify the nutrition info of every entry you make so that you can pick the correct one.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Not all of the database entries are correct – most of them have been input by users.
    Use the ones that aren't starred, or at least ones that have several confirmations, or enter your own data using the USDA database or information from the food packaging.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    When you enter fruits and vegetables, always include "usda" in your search terms and pick an entry that includes "usda" in the title. Those are always more accurate than random user-created entries.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you like, you can correct information in the database.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    strawberry - USDA
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of extremely erroneous entries that are user submitted. Somebody put that a baked chicken wing has 4 calories. UM NO lol
  • colejkeene
    colejkeene Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Like, @cwolfman13 said, use the term "USDA".

I always search for fresh fruits and vegetables with the term "USDA" to make sure it lines up with the actual nutritional content.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    When you enter fruits and vegetables, always include "usda" in your search terms and pick an entry that includes "usda" in the title. Those are always more accurate than random user-created entries.

The problem is that random users can also put USDA in their user entered title so that is not a safe assumption. One just has to look for themselves and verify the info.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »

The problem is that random users can also put USDA in their user entered title so that is not a safe assumption. One just has to look for themselves and verify the info.

Which is why it's important to look for the official MFP entry if possible. "Strawberries raw" gave me the official one right off the bat.
  • Jtaylor1220
    Jtaylor1220 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all so much!