Need help losing weight

Options
I've been on a considerable amount of weight over the last 2 years. I moved out of home and it just started to pile on as I was eating terribly, drinking a lot and not exercising at all. I am trying desperately now to lose a large amount of weight as its starting to get to me so any tips would be appreciated. I need to lose a lot of weight and as quickly as possible. I also have thyroid issues that I will soon be on medication for but I have been avoiding the medication as I'm already on a lot of it. So my thyroid issues have made it a little difficult to lose weight.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
  • audreykaufman7
    audreykaufman7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose if you dont mind me asking? In what amount of time? I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks just about with what my regimen consists of.
    I'd be more than happy to help :)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks just about with what my regimen consists of.

60-80% of which will be glycogen/water weight and not actual fat. Just saiyan. I lost 16lbs in one week lol. Honest truth. (Also gained 22lbs in one aswell heh)

OP, it's very simple, calories in vs calories out. Learn it, embrace it, live by it.

Find your maintenance (TDEE), eat less than it. If you want to know how to find that out you can read up on it very easily.

Really nothing else to it. Not cardio, not healthy or non-healthy food choices, not meal timings and not mumbo jumbo supplements or diet plans.

Good luck!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I also have thyroid issues that I will soon be on medication for but I have been avoiding the medication as I'm already on a lot of it. So my thyroid issues have made it a little difficult to lose weight.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost way more slowly than most MFPers, so be patient! But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

PS. MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • kimcon333
    kimcon333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots more water,green tea and less calories
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a lot of weight and as quickly as possible.

It's not going to happen quickly, especially if you have thyroid issues. Go for steady and sustainable. Set realistic goals.

Read the sexypants thread posted above too.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Why "as quickly as possible"? What will happen if you don't lose it quickly?
  • GeorgiaRaeDuncan
    GeorgiaRaeDuncan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to lose it quickly because I want to fit into a dress for a party but it doesn't look like that's going to happen :S
  • GeorgiaRaeDuncan
    GeorgiaRaeDuncan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I want to lose it quickly because I want to fit into a dress for a party but it doesn't look like that's going to happen :S

Have fun at the party. Crash dieting to fit into clothes is going to make you miserable, nor will it lead to sustainable changes. Because you have existing medical conditions, be patient and do it slow and steady. There will be plenty of parties in the future to attend when you reach your goals.