Healthy Max Calorie Intake

Options
I want to eat healthy but it seems like the healthier I eat, the more I need to consume. That's where it gets tough for me, I'm pretty much never hungry and have to force myself to eat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If you're finding it hard to get enough calories in, eat foods with a high caloric density.
    1. Steak and fatty cuts of meat; pork etc, 20% mince
    2. Nuts and nut butters
    3. Full fat milk instead of semi skimmed
    4. Ice cream and other sweet treats

Shakes are really your friend here;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JaJv90L0ao
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As long as you get a good amount and balance of nutrient dense foods, there is nothing wrong with throwing some more calorie dense foods in, even if not nutrient dense. If you do not want to eat ice cream for example (which is fine to have if you want), then have whole foods that are higher in calories such as avocado, nuts and seeds, eggs, full fat dairy etc.
  • lilmisstex34
    lilmisstex34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I guess I really need to become a fan of nuts. No pun intended! Ha. I am going to go stock up on steaks, avocados, eggs and nuts. Thanks guys!
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I second shakes if you are having a hard time making your goals with normal meals. I make one with 8oz wholes milks, two scoops of chocolate whey protein, a whole banana, and about 100g of chocolate ice cream, sometimes more. Comes in around 600 calories and its yummy.
  • lilmisstex34
    Options
    Thank you! That sounds yummy. I've never tried chocolate protein but with a banana I'll go for it.
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I second shakes if you are having a hard time making your goals with normal meals. I make one with 8oz wholes milks, two scoops of chocolate whey protein, a whole banana, and about 100g of chocolate ice cream, sometimes more. Comes in around 600 calories and its yummy.

Sounds like it would be super thick! Add some peanut butter and I'd be in heaven.

• johnbatzer
    johnbatzer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If only I had an issue "getting enough food."

But, seriously, add the focus to fat & protein -- nuts, nut butter, avocado, whole milk, ice cream, cheese. The words "low fat" or "fat free" shouldn't appear on the label of anything you buy.

When I'm looking for a reward while looking to bulk, I make the following ice cream:

1 cup Cottage cheese (min 4% milkfat)
    1 cup Whole milk kefir
    2 tbsp Almond butter
    4 tbsp Maple Syrup
    1/4 cup (each ) Chopped cashews & pistachios
    1 overripe banana
    1 tsp vanilla extract
  • lilmisstex34
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I will have to try that! Thanks for the tips
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    As long as you get a good amount and balance of nutrient dense foods, there is nothing wrong with throwing some more calorie dense foods in, even if not nutrient dense. If you do not want to eat ice cream for example (which is fine to have if you want), then have whole foods that are higher in calories such as avocado, nuts and seeds, eggs, full fat dairy etc.

this ..

there is nothing "unhealthy" about calorie dense foods in the context of an overall diet….